Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/21/2002 7:32:25 PM EDT
I have heard both are good, but just wanted to hear from those who own them or have in the past?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 3:19:45 AM EDT
There is a question of the Versapod's construction and durability.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:04:07 AM EDT
Harris.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:25:45 AM EDT
Ive got a Harris ultralight on my target AR, its nice and light but a little too short, Ive got to use 10 round mags. Definatly a quality bipod though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:33:24 AM EDT
i have both. from my experience it's a toss up so you know it's apples and oranges because my harris does not articulate. it is steel, rock solid and durable. great for flat ground but crap shooting across slopes. the Versa Pod is aluminum and looks cheeper. i find it's just as durable but seems (not is)a little looser and feels like it may wobble. but the versa has three axis movement so you can realy get into position and then lock yourself down. if you are not locked down and doing your part the versa will wobble.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:51:23 PM EDT
I'd like to attach a Harris to my Bushmaster, but what do you need besides the bipod? An adapter or swivel stud is needed, I think, but which way is best? My rifle is wearing an aluminum free-float tube; the swivel is up by the gas bleed off. What's the best way to go?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:10:59 PM EDT
Harris all the way. I have tried about every brand of bipod and keep coming back to them. Get one with the swivel they are wonderful
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:24:44 AM EDT
Harris. The simple choice. Don't go versapod. [marines] max
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:47:20 AM EDT
hey mw365. What I do on the free float tube is install a swivel stud into the tube. I use a stud with bolt threads. Make sure you go back far enough that the entire base of the bi-pod in on the forearm (first time mistake). Also make sure you have it centered on the bottom. I had one that was not centered and turned the forearm until it was and drilled and tapped a setscrew thru the forearm and into the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:39:44 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:25:59 PM EDT
Versa-pods are for fullauto guns (if you kind of daydream it will make your M-16 feel like a light machine gun on a tripod with all the tilting and traversing) Harris "s" bi-pods are the ticket for precise work (they are 1/2 Moa field capable if your rifle is) and with a fobus qd RAS stud this bi-pod can do the versa-pod one bi-pod fits all thing too. I have both and I don't even feel that I could get enough out of the versapod for it to be worth selling.
Top Top