Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 7:59:59 AM EDT
I have seen them on here ond other places, but I don't know hot to get one.  I have an ar-15 target rifle that I built and I would like a hard case were the rifle fits down in the foam. Were can I buy one or how do I go about making one what cases work the best do you just out line on the foam and cut it out, if so do you cut all the way through, any help on what works best.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Find a local place that carries dense foam.  Sheets of closed-cell foam are not going to be cheap.  Get a electric carving knife to cut the foam after you mark the outlines with chalk.

I did one for a Remington 700P rig in a Starlight case.  The case came with the foam and I got a killer deal on it.  You can really use any case, but you are better off buying a Pelican or Starlight and cutting the outlines in the included foam.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Find a case like the one you want likeHERE Then lay your gun in the case. Take a pen and outline it. Use a few brand new case knive (blades) to cut out. There U are done. This one is the 1720.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is my case:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top