Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/22/2012 1:09:57 AM EST
I just wanted to wish all my retro brothers and sisters a great Thanksgiving! This is a great place to come to and hang out, and I've gotten to 'know' many of you over the last several years. I will be holding up a cyber-toast to you all later (it's coffee time now. ) and wish you and your families all the best today.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:17:00 AM EST
Happy thamksgiving to you as well .
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:30:33 AM EST

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:23:08 AM EST
Thanks Morg,and to all here!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:38:53 AM EST
Thank you Morg, back at ya, and to all the rest of us "RetroHeads"
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:52:14 AM EST
A Happy Thanksgiving to all.

George Washington’s 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with gratef More..ul hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness :”

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted’ for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have show kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d day of October, A.D. 1789.

Enjoy the day and be thankful.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:33:29 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving back at you Morg and all the rest of the denizens of this great board.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:38:13 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to Retro-Land from the Balkans!

Living in a Retro-SEA hut, on a Retro-mission!

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:02:09 AM EST
Private Snafu has set the bar, and set it high indeed.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:29:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 5:32:39 AM EST by Cdenmark]
Nice Snafu. Good enough for George good enough for me. Menu's of champs. Augee be safe. Hopefully you'll get some good eats but for some odd reason I'm kinda reminded of UK food. Aren't the Balkans close to Turkey? Chasing ther Bullgarian ladies could be interesting. Morg up kinda early as habit I'm sure, back at you and all of those that grace these pages. Happy Thanksgiving and ya'll be safe if traveling!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:42:42 AM EST
Thanks privatesnafu.

I will reread George Washingtons farewell address today.

I am Thankfull for many things today.

Hope everyone has a Good Thanksgiving Day.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:47:33 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families. We all have much to be thankful for.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:51:01 AM EST
Happy thanksgiving!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:55:46 AM EST
Happy thanks giving to you all
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:05:27 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone eats until they can't move, and become a temporary appendage of their couch/chair.

Also want to thank everyone for making this forum what it is....AWESOME!!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:10:19 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to the retro forum!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:19:26 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:33:35 AM EST
Happy thanksgiving retro heads!!
I will be checking in periodically today as my
In-laws get boring
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:34:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By Trimdad:
In-laws get boring

Ha!! That's funny, I'll be doing the exact same thing, and I suspect many others will be as well.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:42:50 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving, hope you and all your family's have a good holiday.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:47:13 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and remember our troops who can't be home with their families for the holidays!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:52:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:
Originally Posted By Trimdad:
In-laws get boring

Ha!! That's funny, I'll be doing the exact same thing, and I suspect many others will be as well.

+1 - and Private Snafu - thanks for keeping it retro!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:14:05 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to all you retro-heads from myself Blondie and the pack.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:24 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving, retro guys!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:12:46 PM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to all my retro brethren and your families. Just remember to make it a safe one.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:18:04 PM EST
Happy Thanksgiving, one and all!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:38:14 PM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I just wanted to share a recipe with the rest of the horde for cranberry sauce that is most excellent:

1 12 ounce bag of frozen cranberries
1 cup of orange juice
1 cup of brown or white sugar
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of cloves***

Mix the sugar and orange juice in a medium sauce pan on the stove at a medium setting.

Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes).

Add cinnamon and cloves and mix in after the cranberries have popped. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:41:12 PM EST
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Top Top