Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2010 10:48:27 AM EDT
Well the UPS man just dropped off my BCM 14.5" midlength upper. Just based on looks this is some nice hardware, and fits my RRA lower like a glove. But BCM's midlength handguards were out of stock so I decided to order the Magpul MOE midlengths instead. I didn't realize the BCM middy has a triangular end cap, from what I see that's the norm for most middys. Does anyone know if the MOE fits on a triangular cap? Just reading the reviews on Midway's site for the carbine handguard and one review says it only works on a triangular cap, the next review says it DOESN'T work on a triangular cap. I hope Midway's ship date of tomorrow for the MOEs isn't more smoke, but guards or not I'm taking this to the range this weekend for some 'test rounds'...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck actually getting mid-length MOEs though. They still aren't released.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm about to order a BCM upper with MOE handgaurds, so will MOE carbine handguards fit a BCM carbine upper?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, once again, first class service. FYI ordered my upper last Thursday morning, got a call a few hours later to confirm my order & shipping address, UPS showed it was shipped that same day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yeah...you might have them by Christmas...if you're lucky.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah...you might have them by Christmas...if you're lucky.

= me

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Spikes Tactical just got a fresh batch of their BAR's in. Just another option for you.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well the UPS man just dropped off my BCM 14.5" midlength upper. Just based on looks this is some nice hardware, and fits my RRA lower like a glove. But BCM's midlength handguards were out of stock so I decided to order the Magpul MOE midlengths instead. I didn't realize the BCM middy has a triangular end cap, from what I see that's the norm for most middys. Does anyone know if the MOE fits on a triangular cap? Just reading the reviews on Midway's site for the carbine handguard and one review says it only works on a triangular cap, the next review says it DOESN'T work on a triangular cap. I hope Midway's ship date of tomorrow for the MOEs isn't more smoke, but guards or not I'm taking this to the range this weekend for some 'test rounds'...

Unless something magical happened that I missed, the Magpul Midlength MOE handguard (and rifle length MOE) are not shipping.  There are a few prototypes floating about, but not production models.  

When they do ship, they will work very nicely with the Magpul Midlengths, or at least thats the rumor.....

I am confuse. Are you indicating Magpul is coming out with a midlength...rifle? Don't wanna start rumor, just want to clearly understand.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Just from looking at pics, my only complaint with the mid-length MOE handguards is that they don't have a fourth set of slots on the rear sides, preventing the ability to attach a sling mount all the way to the rear of the handguards.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Just from looking at pics, my only complaint with the mid-length MOE handguards is that they don't have side slots at the rear end, preventing the ability to attach a sling mount all the way to the rear of the handguards.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, I can't say I'm surprised, Midway just changed the ship-to date for the MOE midlengths to the end of the month so obviously they're not coming out soon, so I just cancelled my order and went with the CavArms from Brownells.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just from looking at pics, my only complaint with the mid-length MOE handguards is that they don't have side slots at the rear end, preventing the ability to attach a sling mount all the way to the rear of the handguards.

You're looking at pics of the Mid Length prototypes and for all we know the final production models will have these slots.  I don't have any specific insights into the MOE's, but adjustments are common after receiving feedback from T&E.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top