Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/16/2008 12:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/16/2008 12:53:15 PM EDT by lildavid67]
When measuring a handguard, where do they begin the measurement?  My new barrel and gas block aren't your typical size and I'm wanting to get a handguard that comes as close to the edge of the block as possible (since it won't fit under the guard).  Anyhow, do they measure from the back of the upper reciever's barrel nut threads, the end of the threads where the barrel begins or somewhere else I'm not aware of?  Larue makes an 11 inch guard and SW has one that is 12.89 inches... these are the two I'm looking into for my rifle (AR10 SPR) FWIW.  Thanks in advance for any info, it's greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:33:35 PM EDT
Doesn't the AR10 use a different sized barrel nut, meaning that you have to buy an "AR10" handguard rather than an AR15 handguard?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:22:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:
Doesn't the AR10 use a different sized barrel nut, meaning that you have to buy an "AR10" handguard rather than an AR15 handguard?

Yes.  

and BTT.

No one knows where they begin the measurement for handguards?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:03:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lildavid67:

Yes.  

and BTT.

Just give larue a call.  They are very friendly and will be happy to help you select the correct handguard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:02:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lildavid67:

Yes.  

and BTT.

Just give larue a call.  They are very friendly and will be happy to help you select the correct handguard.

No doubt, just wanted to be a little more educated before hand.  Thanks.
Top Top