Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 1:03:44 PM EDT
I removed my front sight to put on one of those flip up pri sights. Now my handguard cap isn't tight like when it was wedged between the stock sights.  What can I do? My handguard jiggles like jello. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? HELLOOOO...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this a clamp on or pin on front sight?

If clamp on, just loosen the clamps and tap the sight base back with a plastic mallet until it seats against the barrel step.

If pin on, you just found out why I, and others on this sight, advise against pinned front sight replacement.  They don't always go back where they need to.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They are allen screws. But no matter how hard I push the new sight against the handguard cap I still get movement. I know a floating handguard will solve my problem, but I need something else that will work for now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this a dissipator?  If so, you'll need to insert a roll pin in the gas tube hole to prevent handguard cap rotation.

Exactly what kind of movement is going on?  Rotation or front to back?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]
A roll pin is what I was thinking too. No, it is a bushy shorty though. The handguard twists. I want to use the surefire handguard (m73) but if the cap moves so will the handguard because the handguard screws to the cap.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top