Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2006 3:04:32 PM EDT
Weapon in question:  Palmetto SGW CAR-15   *   11.5"   *   5" FH  *  37mm Launcher

Help needed...  Below is a pic of my front handguard cap.  

YHM & Midwest 2 piece handguard rails specify Colt/Non-Colt...  which do I have??

And would anyone recommend YHM vs. Midwest?

YHM?                                                                    or                     Midwest?

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That handguard cap is a NON-Colt

Thanks BCU.  Is it just the D shape vs. Round?

Is their any advantage between YHM & Midwest since I have the launcher?

I am planning on purchasing off your site today.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as your "Which is better?" question:
I just receivied my Midwest rails yesterday.(thanks Bravo Co.!!)  They fit tight and there's no play. I like them alot. The TangoDown VHG that I got to mount on the rail needed some filing before it would fit on the rails tho. I didn't remove much material, but atleast now I don't need a mallet to move the VHG.

I have no experience with the YMH handguards.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]

I have several of the YHM handguards and have been very happy with them.  They fit very solidly, even after a lot of rounds, and have worked fine.  I've heard nothing but good things about the MI ones as well.

Some people like the MI better, because they are a little beefier, and have the numbering in them - so perhaps they look cooler, or are more consisitent with the existing flat-top upper than many people have.  Other people like the YHM better, because they are pretty light-weight.

Ultiamtely, I think both are fine.  Personally, I'd get whichever you can find on sale cheaper.    
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!!  I just ordered the MI ones from Bravo Company for the reason you mentioned... they look better and the holes in the actual rails on the YHM make them look a little weaker. Plus I'm putting Knights covers on them anyway.

Thanks again all!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, when using the MI 2 piece guards, has anybody had any experiece with heating issues.  Are you dropping heat shields in underneath them?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey, when using the MI 2 piece guards, has anybody had any experiece with heating issues.  Are you dropping heat shields in underneath them?

Here's a review of the YHM's that talks about heating issues... Not the same as MI, but close enough when talking about heating.

www.ar15reviews.com/yhm.htm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top