Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 6:18:23 PM EDT
Before I remove my handguards I have a quick question.  I know that to remove the handguards you have to press down on the delta ring with either your hands or one of those tools, but, after you have pressed it down and removed the handguards, do you have to keep the delta ring under pressure?  Or can you let it come back up on its own?  I ask because I do not know if the handguards act as a "stopper" to keep the delta ring from flying off under pressure from the spring underneath it.  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Just let go.  It will slide forward to it's normal position.  When you are ready to replace the handguards, just push down on the delta ring and put the handguards back on.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The delta ring will stay in place after you remove the handguards. When replacing the handguards, be careful not to catch a flap of skin in the delta ring (kind of embarrasing and painful).
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They are captive.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright thanks!  I wasn't sure it it would return to its normal position or fly off.  I got it all figured out now (at least for 5 minutes!).  [:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top