Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:04:20 AM EDT
I put the sleeve on my AR and the factory guards fit pretty tight. Are there any railed handguards that will fit with this tube?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
The primary purpose of this type of sleeve is to acheive the accuracy of a free float while maintaining the appearance of a stock AR. They are generally used by DCM shooters. Many railed forearms are already free floating, and would not be compatible with the sleeve. YHM and Surefire (and many others, I am sure) make two piece handguards with rails that do not free float the barrel, and may work with your sleeve.

You could always purchase the add-on rails from Samco, etc, that bolt on to the handguards. Not to be critical, but once you factor in the cost of the sleeve and the railed handguards, it is probably cheaper to buy a FF forearm.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:04:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 11:22:50 AM EDT by Interceptor_Knight]
Unless I am mistaken, for service rifle matches I need to use the standard type handguards on the rifle. I was hoping to find a pair of railed handguards which I could switch out for matches.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 5:07:58 PM EDT by JohnnyEgo]
Here is a link to a pair of YHMs that I referred to in my earlier post:

YHM 2-Piece Handguards

Edit to add: If standard handguards fit on the tube, these should fit as well. If not, you may have to break out the Dremel.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:34:08 PM EDT
Cool....thanks for the link. I figured on a little dremel time as a tiny bit was needed on my factory handguards.
Top Top