Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/9/2002 5:39:21 PM EDT
I was thinking of purchasing a free float tube and mounting a handguard from the tube of a 37mm flare launcher directly onto the free float tube. This would be accomplished by sliding the grip section over the free float tube like a sleeve and riveting the grip section in place. I would then have rails installed on the forward section of the free float tube.

I have already Emailed Bushmaster as to the availability of a grip section from one of their 37mm Flare Launchers and am waiting the reply.

My question is does anyone know the diameter of the Bushmaster Free Float aluminum hand guards?

I'm thinking will look pretty interesting at a relatively low cost. I really like the looks of the Isreali FALs with the shorter wooden handguards, thus my inspiration.

Good SHooting
RED
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:19:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2002 3:23:49 AM EDT by mr_wilson]

Believe www.firequest.com sells what your lookin for, (around $250). They have several models all around the same price.

Being unfamiliar w/ your gnsmithing skills, believe this might be a safer option for ya.

Mike

PS - How would ya load the thing your describing? Of course if your anything like the Redlegs in the "Outlaw-Josie Wales" Clint Eastwood movies, be my guest and charge full speed ahead.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:59:46 AM EDT
Firequest. . . never heard of that outfit before. Interesting site, but doesn't look like the best place to purchase "Armor Piercing .223 Ammo".
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:55:26 AM EDT
IIRC the 'grip section' of the 37mm launcher is part of the 37mm barrel.

You could try to buy the 37mm barrel and cut it so you just get the grip section.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:27:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:20:49 PM EDT
The grip section on the barrel of that thing is plastic it slides right off and you can "Glue"it up right where you want it.

The Grip is available from DPMS for $10.00 US
Top Top