Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2004 12:09:41 PM EDT
hey guys,

Anyone know what I am talking about? I saw it back on the HK website about probably a year ago. Their site is currently down. These magazines were supposed to be the best AR-15 type magazine ever made. They were developed for the SA-85.

they looked real nice. I like the aluminum AR mags but man these looked sweet

Be great if some of those would come in

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Polymer magazines can melt at the feed lips if you shoot enough to get the rifle EXTREMELY hot.

The Thermold magazines used in Canadas C-7/C-8 are sometimes referred to as 'Thermelts' for this reason.

Good concept, but a flaw I wouldn't want. I'll stick to the steel magazines.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
These were quite a bit different (but have to be similar) to the thermold mags

I just wondered if anyone had pics, link, info

been so long since I seen them  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:36:24 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW:  The HK magazines for the M16 are made from steel, not polymer
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The cheapest I've seen the HK mags, even after the sunset, is $50 per.  Too rich for my blood considering USGI mags work fine. If they drop down below $20 each, I'll pick up a few for the collection. `Till then I'm hoping for a deal on some Sterling 40's.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top