Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2013 8:02:50 AM EDT
Hammer is locked to the rear and wont go safe.
I'm not an armorer or gunsmith so I am working way outside my realm of knowledge here.
Question is: How do i fix/replace? and I'm not opposed to spending the $250 for a Trigger group if its close to cost having local shop repair.
Bushmaster 15. rifle has 100> rounds through it so it kinda scares me that this occurred. I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hammer is locked to the rear and wont go safe.
I'm not an armorer or gunsmith so I am working way outside my realm of knowledge here.
Question is: How do i fix/replace? and I'm not opposed to spending the $250 for a Trigger group if its close to cost having local shop repair.
Bushmaster 15. rifle has 100> rounds through it so it kinda scares me that this occurred. I'll post pics when I get a chance.
Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Do you mean that the trigger will not move? or that the selector switch won't? Or something else?

GSM
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Something is not assembled correctly.  Push hammer & trigger pin out, remove safety, reassemble.  Entire lower parts kit online <$40 during Xmas sales.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Debris or popped primer stuck under trigger. Use the how too guide posted here to show how easy it is to remove and instal the parts.

If you are in the LA area, throw me an IM
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the bolt open?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Debris or popped primer stuck under trigger. Use the how too guide posted here to show how easy it is to remove and instal the parts.

If you are in the LA area, throw me an IM
View Quote

That's my guess, or something broke.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#7]
So I took into my local shop Tacti-Cool of Santa Maria.
The owner field stripped, and unbound the hammer. works again. he said the hammer just got locked to the rear. something about second/double stage?
no cost.

And then one their guys tested out one the Trevors in their range. OMG!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#8]
"he said the hammer just got locked to the rear"

Sorry but that wouldnt be good enough for me.

If it did it once,why wouldnt it do it again? what made it do it?

I do all the work on my stuff so its a non issue for me, but for someone that needs help to know,that answer is not good enough.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Hammers don't just "lock to the rear" as a one time thing.  it is broken, incorrectly installed, or it aint.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen primers or other debris under the trigger, which will completely shut down the rifle.  Also, a worn or defective mfg disconnector will lock a trigger and not let it "re-set" as we armorers say.  Changing the hammer or the disconnector will usually cure this.  When we inspect them, we function check them religiously...I usually will put the selector in semi or single shot and depress the trigger and rack the bolt back and let it go, usually arount 8-10 times.  That will give you an idea if it is fixed...hope this helps!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top