Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 4:17:32 PM EDT
Hakko has just marketed a new optical sight that is small compact and runs about 250.00. It has 4 reticles and rheostat setting for brightness. It seems like value for money. Anyone out there have one and wish to comment?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I've installed a few of these.  There are issues with co-witnessing them.  Either too high or too low. I'm hunting us a LOW riser (sort of a contradiction eh?) so I can co-witness for the LEs that are currently using them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I am going to have to confess ignorance, can you explain co-witnessing for me? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have sight failure, you can look THROUGH the sight and use the BUIS (back up iron sights).  

It is a redundancy for failure.  HTH
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#4]
... and it's also a single zero.

The dot should be at the tip of the front sight as you look thru the irons.  

I've not tested a Hakko in a couple of years.  Universally I've found sights with several reticles have several points of impace, depending on which one you use.  I also found the Hakkos darn near impossible to zero and lock into zero.

I'd let someone else test this sight!  [;)]

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the educatiuon and the feedback. TK
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top