I got a Hahn bottom loading 9mm block last night and havent gotten to play with it much but how does it work? Doesn't it use the standard mag release button for normal mags? How is it held in place?
No one uses this? They say it's the best mag block you can buy?
1) Remove upper receiver from rifle.
2) With supplied allen wrench insert the long end into the 1/8" hole in adapter (forward radius of magwell) and loosen the captured screw as far as possible. The roller in front should now be free.
3) Install adapter from bottom of receiver as you depress magazine catch. if you have fitment issues check the magazine well dimensions.
4) The top of the adapter and top of receiver should be flush and magazine catch moves freely.
5) Tighten the captured screw as hard as possible (roller cannot damage the receiver) with the allen wrench.
6) Assemble rifle.
9mm conversions tend to get dirty and require frequent cleaning for reliability. Keep the Actuator and Bolt Catch as clean as possible to avoid malfunctions. Make sure to have one drop of oil where the Bolt Catch and Actuator touch. Too much oil attracts powder residue and quickly fouls the action. Only a few drops are needed on the Bolt Carrier rails, Bolt Catch, Actuator, and fire control pack. Never run dry.