Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 9:53:05 AM EDT
I know I should search but I wanted a comparison of the two not just info on them.  Anyway, which do you like better?  I know they are basically the same except for how they hook up but it don't really have a need to un-hook my gun and leave my sling on so should I go with the HST?  It seems that the MOUT would be more prone to the straps pulling through since it is not a one piece design like the HST.  Any opinions would help.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my MOUT sling, I realy like the option of being able to release the rifle quickly and easily without needing to remove the sling like mounting/dismounting a vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the straps that you thread through the buttstock plate stay tight or do they slowly pull through?  That is all I am worried about is not paying attention or having time to check to make sure everything is pulled tight and throwing it on to just have the straps slide through and drop my rifle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Well first I'm no professional operator so my time with it in use is limited, responses from them may be more what you are looking for but if you are interested here is my experience with it.

I attached my sling the night I got it in the mail about a month ago:
I've taken out my 16” M4gery 3 times so far with the slings, 1 time I did some parallax tests for my EOTech, not to sling intensive but it was used. The other 2 times I was running tactical drills, 3-gun match type scenarios, fired approx 2000 rounds and used the sling extensively.
I do nightly dry fire practice drills with my carbine & pistol, and I’ve done thousands of carbine to pistol transition drills.
I've also cleared my house hundreds of times to practice strong side to weak side transitions & vice versa.

I have had absolutely no slip or change in adjustment at all in the loop attached to the receiver end plate adapter, nor the main loop for that matter.

I’ve tried carrying it around my neck, and around my neck and under my weak arm; both carries have their advantages. If I were going into a hot zone with warning, I put my sling around my neck and under my weak arm so that while doing transitions it falls to my weak side rather than strait down in front of me.

Although for a home defense type situation where you get very little if any warning I think just around the neck is how it would be worn if I even had time to put it on.

I am very happy with it,

I’ll take a photo as soon as I can to show you how mine is installed,
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
If you double the free end of the attaching strap back through the triglide it will not slip.  The HSTS attaches in much the same way, with a loop that goes through the plate.  It is not a one piece loop.

The only drawback I can see with the MOUT over the HSTS is that the Mout hangs the rifle lower.  With the release buckle and extra attaching strap, the rifle hangs lower with the loop the same size.  I like the butttstock to hang at mid chest level.  With the MOUT, I have to make the loop smaller, making it harder to get into, especially when wearing a jacket etc.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I own both the HST and the MOUT. Got the HST some time back and then the other was released.

As far as how they attach I greatly appreciate the contacting point on the HST more. It's the thicker webbing of the entire sling and I feel it's a more solid tie up. I also have the ERB (emergency release buckle) and that makes it much easier to dismount from the gun if need be.

The MOUT sling I have just started using and must say I like it a lot. The only thing I wish were different about it is that I'd like to see it with the heavier webbing loop to the plate like the HST. But, having said that, I've had no issues with it coming loose. The main thing I like about the MOUT is you buy one sling and then as many attaching adapters as you like and then just clip the sling from gun to gun in a second. I'm currently running one MOUT on three different guns. You can't get much more for your money than that.

As an afterthought I do wish these slings were in a wider webbing than what' available, but it works.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top