Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/11/2008 12:50:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2008 1:32:38 PM EST by SMGLee]
For those that have complained about how the TD grip have some slight movement or the vertical grip did not fit those pesky off spec Picatinny rails.......Here is your answer!!

The newly designed Vertical grip by TangoDown in a joint venture with American Defense feature the quick release capability for those that need to remove the grip for anther accessories mounting, for those out of spec Picatinny rails, and those that require a rock solid mounting of their vertical grip, this is it.

the estimated price will be somewhere in the 80-85.00 range, it will be in full production within the next 40 days, and it will be available in 3 versions and in Ranger Green, Flat Dark Earth and Black. the three versions are the standard grip, the stubby grip and the Insight Tech pressure switch grip.

Please note the grip in the picture are prototypes, so the exposed screw will be in flat black in the production version, and the Ranger Green version will be more in tune to the true SOCOM spec'ed color. also the final finish of the plastic will be the normal flat non-reflective finish.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 12:52:12 PM EST
Nice.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 12:56:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 1:23:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2008 1:24:27 PM EST by Banzai]
You are an evil, evil little man for posting that and letting me see it seconds after ordering an original! Thank the stars for the "Cancel order" option!

Tom

Link Posted: 3/11/2008 1:43:12 PM EST
DOH!!!!!!!!! Now I need another rifle for one of these...
Looks great
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 3:29:11 PM EST
Dammmmmm now I gona spend more $
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 3:35:56 PM EST
Nice I like the stubby.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 4:14:41 PM EST
Damn thats sexy, are they metal or composite?
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 4:31:39 PM EST
I love the idea of a QD Tango Down. I just couldn't bring myself to attach that to any of my LaRue rails
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 5:40:51 PM EST
Definitely SWEET!!! but $80-$85 for a vertical grip is STEEP!!!

-Kenny
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 5:56:40 PM EST
Nice, but I got the Bobro stubby and its perfect.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:08:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By ZedsDeadBaby:

Until you get it hot.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:46:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:48:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:

Until you get it hot.

Enlighten me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:51:43 PM EST

Until you get it hot.

Enlighten me.

The top of the grip is aluminum and can get quite hot if a rifle is run hard. The CQD grip presents the same problem. It's the only reason I got rid of my Bobro.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 6:54:22 PM EST

Until you get it hot.

Enlighten me.

The top of the grip is aluminum and can get quite hot if a rifle is run hard. The CQD grip presents the same problem. It's the only reason I got rid of my Bobro.

Ha! I can't afford enough ammo to make that happen! 600 rounds didn't make that happen for me, but the rifle got a couple of rests between dumps.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 7:01:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dragon0351:

-Kenny

When you consider the price of a non QD TD the additional price isn't bad for the QD
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 7:03:07 PM EST
Awesome!

Tangodown and ADM will have a great future together.

I can't wait to purchase one to four units...

LS
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:01:12 PM EST
FUCKEN AWESOME!! that's just my ticket. Been waiting for this.

Thanks for the post C!
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 1:56:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By nicholsmf:
I love the idea of a QD Tango Down. I just couldn't bring myself to attach that to any of my LaRue rails

I don't care.

I'm going to see if I can get my gun to spontaneously combust by combining Larue, ADM, Troy, and Samson parts all on the same upper.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 4:56:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dragon0351:

-Kenny

When you consider the price of a non QD TD the additional price isn't bad for the QD

You're absolutely right, but the problem is that I'm not sure if I want to spend the $65 they're asking for the TD non-QD vertical grip!!!

-Kenny
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 6:57:23 AM EST

I'd prefer a LaRue QD myself but I still see myself getting one anyway.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:56:57 AM EST

Until you get it hot.

Enlighten me.

Ha! I can't afford enough ammo to make that happen! 600 rounds didn't make that happen for me, but the rifle got a couple of rests between dumps.

Bobro use derlin which is a material that can be machined, and the grip body is machined not injection molded to save on development cost. but this material is a very brittle and it can snap under tremendous force or moderate force in extreme cold weather.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:06:53 AM EST
lookin good
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 5:03:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By comp1911:

I'd prefer a LaRue QD myself but I still see myself getting one anyway.

I agree 100%.

MFingar has the goods.

HS1

Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:43:53 PM EST
Let me know when a LaRue #17 upgrade can be put on one!

Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 7:55:55 PM EST
ya know, I've never, ever had the need to take off my VFG just that damn fast.

This is just getting stupid.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:05:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By SMGLee:

and the Ranger Green version will be more in tune to the true SOCOM spec'ed color.

What is Ranger green?
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:09:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:17:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

Here's my thinking on it....the VFG can be a PITA when dealing w/ resting the bottom rail on a surface to get a steadier shot. Okay lets say now you need to transition...maybe flip the happy switch for those that have it to fire off some quick bursts. You can quickly attach it to help control that muzzle climb. A little extreme of a situation, yes...but maybe not so if you're doing 3 gunning or just that one chance that it might come in handy. That's just my opinion on it though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:22:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

Here's my thinking on it....the VFG can be a PITA when dealing w/ resting the bottom rail on a surface to get a steadier shot. Okay lets say now you need to transition...maybe flip the happy switch for those that have it to fire off some quick bursts. You can quickly attach it to help control that muzzle climb. A little extreme of a situation, yes...but maybe not so if you're doing 3 gunning or just that one chance that it might come in handy. That's just my opinion on it though.
Wait, are you actually thinking about taking it on and off in combat? Did I catch that right?

I must be retarded or something, I just cannot see the point.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:22:49 PM EST

Just wait, QD pistol grips are next.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:24:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By STG77:

Just wait, QD pistol grips are next.
As long as they don't make my pmags QD we'll be ok.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:32:57 PM EST

Wait, are you actually thinking about taking it on and off in combat? Did I catch that right?

I must be retarded or something, I just cannot see the point.

I guess I didn't emphasize that I personally don't see the need for it but there's always that chance that it could be useful IMO. I'll never be in combat...day to day anyways w/ an AR so I really don't have a need for it. But who knows, someone else might. Also if you have a bottom mounted light it would be handy to not have to take the light off everytime you remove the VFG. I'd remove my VFG whenever I was doing bench shooting.
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 3:17:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2008 3:18:59 AM EST by kcolg30]
I want a QD rail system that I can remove each individual picanny rail slot location just for shits and giggles.

I wish my wife had a QD on her mouth.
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 3:25:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 3:45:08 AM EST
I want one to move it easily from carbine to carbine. When I shoot I bring 3 or 4 rifles with I only need one VFG and it's easy to move.
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 4:24:54 AM EST

I want one to move it easily from carbine to carbine. When I shoot I bring 3 or 4 rifles with I only need one VFG and it's easy to move.

Good point!
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 4:38:00 AM EST

One of the reasons driving the QD VFG train has nothing to do with speed.

TD makes (IMO) one of the best VFGs, and it can still be a pain to get onto some rails. Plus, on many rails, it wiggles.

A QD VFG with an attachement (like ADM's or LaRue's) that accomodates various rail specs is a welcome product.

A quick, easy, wobble-free attachment to any rail is a good thing.

This TD-ADM VFG looks good.
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 4:41:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 5:04:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By DrMark:

TD makes (IMO) one of the best VFGs, and it can still be a pain to get onto some rails. Plus, on many rails, it wiggles.

A QD VFG with an attachement (like ADM's or LaRue's) that accomodates various rail specs is a welcome product.

Agreed. The solid lockup and ease of installation (presumably) are the best reasons to get this, IMO. I am definitely looking forward to this. The QD is just another nice option, even though I won't likely use it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 5:54:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2008 5:55:20 AM EST by FYRARMS]

Has nothing to do with speed. Has to do with PITA factor. I got SO sick of beating my TD grips on and off (and then having others wiggle), that I sold them all and switched to the Ergo QD VFG. I like the Ergo, but wish it was as beefy/durable as the TD. This new TD is the answer. As someone else mentioned, I can switch the VFG between guns at the range very easily. No fucking hammer or zip ties required (stupid standard TD grips...).
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 6:11:41 AM EST

Also if you have a bottom mounted light it would be handy to not have to take the light off everytime you remove the VFG. I'd remove my VFG whenever I was doing bench shooting.

This would be the main reason for me to buy one

Originally Posted By 8mmMauser:

Originally Posted By DrMark:

Agreed. The solid lockup and ease of installation (presumably) are the best reasons to get this, IMO. I am definitely looking forward to this. The QD is just another nice option, even though I won't likely use it.

tied for #1

This would be reason number 2

Link Posted: 3/13/2008 6:13:11 AM EST
This is something I have wanted to see for quite some time...

I am anxious to order them!
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 8:33:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2008 8:38:18 AM EST by SMGLee]
I never take it off my weapon unless I am doing a year end maintenance. and a slight movement on the VFG does not bother me neither because once I lock into the rifle, nothing should be moving anyways.

But....there has been complains on the VFG wiggle, how it will not fit a offspec rail( ands you know the debate that has beon raging ever since), LEO require a grip that can be attached easily coming off the gun rack int he car, and also many users that require quick removal of the VFG to be used on more then one upper. so it resolves those that do not like that slight wiggle, or those that want just one VFG for the 20 uppers in possessioGn, or a QD grip that an be mounted in the time of need.

This product answers the requests. it is not to replace the current VFG offering, but just an solution to someof the customer feled backs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 8:50:53 AM EST

Is that like ointment on a wound?
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 9:02:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

Is that like ointment on a wound?

It attatches by clamping on and could mar the finish if not carefull...

That being said I plan on putting one on a VIS upper so...
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 10:33:36 AM EST

Then, um, don't buy one?
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 10:44:46 AM EST
I love it, I like to change my VFG between my TD, Surefire, and Gripod
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 11:00:50 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 11:19:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
Nice I like the stubby.

me to, I'll take one in back. Please IM when they are in stock and I'll buy it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top