Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2005 10:22:01 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me if these are the same as the HK SA80 mags?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.  I was under the impression that they are the same, just with a different "greyish" finish.  I ordered one from Top Glock months ago.  It showed up around Christmas, and was exactly the same as the HK SA80 mag I got from Cal's.  I emailed Top Glock, and asked about the lack of the greyish finish, and they told me they are exactly the same.  That sounded like a BS answer to me, but...I'd also be curious if anyone else has more info.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just talked with the man selling these and he says they are different than the SA80's. The "maritimes" he has for sale are current HK manufacture for the M4 are are being used in the sandbox now. At $15.00 plus shipping each ( minimum 5 ) I may as well give them a try.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Real H&K mags are nothing to root about besides. Just stick with Teflon coated LaBelles or DPMS marked mags (Al, not steel). Al doesn't rust, and they're lighter.

themao
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me if these are the same as the HK SA80 mags?

I have one of each,for my collection.The SA80 mags nave a bare stainless follower.The coated ones have a black follower.Just looking at them it's the only difference.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:09:55 AM EDT
[#7]
They suck. Buy USGI w/ Magpul followers, as they're the best.

-Cap'n
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top