Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 12:38:10 AM EDT
A while back I read here that HK was developing a M4 replacement upper with a gas piston instead of the gas inpingment recoil system.
Are there any news stories or official statements about this venture? When is it expected out?
TIA,
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:13:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard the rumour, as well -- but no facts. When you stop and think about it for a minute, I can see a certain strain of business logic to this story:  an alternate course of action as a back up in the event the XM-8 venture with ATK comes to naught.  

Further, this development would enable HK to penetrate the AR civilian market, where the SL8 debacle never could.

Of course, the price point at which HK markets this system will be -- as always, HKs biggest challenge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top