Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2004 9:01:51 PM EDT
http://www.fourfourmag.com/hklarge.jpg

It is my opinion most HK stuff is overrated but these German M16 mags are hands down the nicest mags I have laid hands on.  The way HK's follower is set up it can't tilt or bind. If you push down from the top on the front of the follower the whole follower moves down evenly and very smoothly, no different than if pushed from the middle. The finish is really nice too and the mags look damn near indestructable. I have some hi-res pics I can email if anyone wants to see them.

I emailed the admin about becoming a AR15 sponsor so once they get back to me I will have these in the for equipment exchange so keep an eye out.

-Mark
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They are very nice and I hear USMC Force Recon is using them.  Unforturnately their all postban.  So possesion of them can't legally occur to us 'citizens' who aren't using them in a LE role until Sept 13,2004.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
How much $ ?

Thanks,
 Dan
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, what is the price
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagged.  Looking to score a few of these after the sunset.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked into buying these. My leo price would be about $45 bucks according tot he vendors I called. I am holding off for now. Good mags just trying to save money.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I just don't see what the HK mag can do that the USGI doesn't.  I agree HK stuff is overrated.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Is that a metal follower?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They are very nice and I hear USMC Force Recon is using them.  Unforturnately their all postban.  So possesion of them can't legally occur to us 'citizens' who aren't using them in a LE role until Sept 13,2004.

False.  Not true.  There were a few made before the AWB.  Most people just haven't seen them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#11]
At $50 each i'll pass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]

There were a few made before the AWB.  Most people just haven't seen them.

Wow, HK was making these ten years ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just don't see what the HK mag can do that the USGI doesn't.

Try accidently stepping on the feed lips of your GI mag and an HK mag. Then you will see something the HK can do that the GI can't, function.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#14]
So I'll grab another $15 dollar USGI mag.  I have yet to step on one of my mags anyway.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So I'll grab another $15 dollar USGI mag.  I have yet to step on one of my mags anyway.

Well, if you are a hobbyist and have a never ending supply of cheap magazines, then the HK mags probably are not for you. Any old mag like the USAs or Westerns will probably suffice and save you money.

Others however, do have that option.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well, if you are a hobbyist and have a never ending supply of cheap magazines, then the HK mags probably are not for you. Any old mag like the USAs or Westerns will probably suffice and save you money.

Others however, do have that option.

How do USA or Westerns fit into the friendly debate?  They are not a functional option.  No one here would honestly recommend them.

But I do however have about forty USGI's.  Should I step on one, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.  I only regularly use about 3 mags anyway.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I just don't see what the HK mag can do that the USGI doesn't.  I agree HK stuff is overrated.

The real question should be: What can the HK mag do that the British SA80 mags can't?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#18]
for $45 I'll stick to my USGI mags with green followers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1, guys HK is basically raping us on that price probably cost them $10 if that to make it
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, guys HK is basically raping us on that price probably cost them $10 if that to make it

I expect they are some good mags, but I think the high price is just becuase its H&K.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:50:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

There were a few made before the AWB.  Most people just haven't seen them.

Wow, HK was making these ten years ago.

Yea, or at least something similar. HK made a 5.56 rifle 10 or 15 years ago that took AR mags, it was called the HK G41. Not super sucessful, but deacent none the less.

BTW, Here's a pic -->
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:23:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

my thought exactly, that why i love it when guys will sell me their USGI mags cheap beacuse the finish is all jacked, as long as it holds 30rds and functions 100% I dont care who made it or how it looks
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try accidently stepping on the feed lips of your GI mag and an HK mag. Then you will see something the HK can do that the GI can't, function.

Actually, the aluminum mag is stronger than the steel H&K mag, unless you fracture the spot welds on the USGI type. Try dropping one of each type onto a concrete floor & tell me about it. I have, BTW & don't leave your high-dollar H&Ks outside overnight...a few good dews will start them to corrode.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Actually, the aluminum mag is stronger than the steel H&K mag, unless you fracture the spot welds on the USGI type. Try dropping one of each type onto a concrete floor & tell me about it. I have, BTW & don't leave your high-dollar H&Ks outside overnight...a few good dews will start them to corrode.

The grass is ALWAYS greener syndrome is the root of this evil nonsense.  Good point on the steel mag being more likely to sustain damage from droppage.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Didn't all the HK mags that the Marine Corps was using get recalled?

I heard something about the base plates falling off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have Maritime anti-corrosion mags.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

They have Maritime anti-corrosion mags.

They still corrode. The followers are the first thing to start.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#29]
CapnCrunch is correct. I've not seen much advantage to the "maritime" finish...seems a bit hypish on the part of H&K.

Yes, there is a recall....the baseplates tend to fall out at bad times such as when an accessory GL or shotgun may be fired. An also happen if you drop a loaded mag or the rifle w/mag. H&K band-aid solution is likely.

Hotgun
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I am Looking for 5 of them new in wrapper....

MT
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Not worth the money.

When dropped the floor plates, Yes there are two.  Unlock and you have to put humpty dumty back togther again!

They are very destructible and dent easily in addition to coming unglued.  

Oh! and the feed lips bend when dropped causing feed problems, so whip out your tool and bend them back somehow.  And like your dented car they never bend back right.

They are also heavy, since they are made of steel.  The long ends are butt welded continuously so unlike USGI there are no spot welds.

Start carrying them all day and the extra pound of steel becomes noticeable, unless you loose weight to compensate.

They must be over priced since I don't see anything about them that warrants the asking price.  Just a lot baloney.  Now that I have and have seen I want my USGI aluminum mags back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey mark im gonna have to pick some of those up, where are you in oregon?

Justin
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top