Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2014 9:26:32 PM EDT
I was looking through a few boxes in my garage and must have bought these years ago and forgot about them. I generally just used PMAG's exclusively and have never had a problem.

Looking these over they seem pretty heavy and the finish is really glossy and slick. Are these pretty reliable ?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was looking through a few boxes in my garage and must have bought these years ago and forgot about them. I generally just used PMAG's exclusively and have never had a problem.

Looking these over they seem pretty heavy and the finish is really glossy and slick. Are these pretty reliable ?
View Quote

There is a reason the U.S Military quit using them.

They have problems with weak springs and improper heat treating of the feed lips.

They are pretty, but that's their best trait.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If You absolutely have to have a steel magazine go with the gen 3 elanders .

The hk mags suck !!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Over-priced and under-performing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Springs def give out sooner than any other mags I've had.

They seem to move quick on the EE to the reloader guys because the inside dimension is slightly bigger than other mags to allow larger loads.  I learned this when I listed a few I had laying around.

They seem to be going for $15-$25/ea shipped all day.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The HK High-reliability magazines are overpriced pieces of junk. In fact, I have some Korean-made Victory SA-80 magazines which are basically spot-on clones of the HK maritime mags and they cost me about $7 each and they are much better mags than the original HK mags. I sold the HKs and kept the Korean copies.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
A lot of hate for these mags, but I haven't had any issues with mine.  They are overpriced and heavy though so on those facts alone I'd say buy something else.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top