AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2005 7:50:13 AM EDT
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=62383
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Ich wünsche, daß sie nicht so blutiges kostspieliges waren.

(I wish they weren't so bloody expensive )
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody know if the BUISs in the pic are for sale anywhere? I want a set!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
$2300.00 each plus shipping of $20.00
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
EXPENSIVE, but ratherly cool, I wish I had the money and did not by a Noveske CQB upper
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
dupe
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats a chunk of change for an upper.......but of course the HK logo has got to be good for at least 50% of that.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#7]
$2300 for an upper!

A complete AR15 with LW conversion is cheaper still than half a 416. The machining on that thing better be tighter than Sister Mary's cooter to be worth that much.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#8]
If it was the complete rifle, I'd pay that much just to see the HK on the stock, upper, lower, etc etc.

ETA: Speaking of the stock...does anyone know where to get the HK M4 stocks, if anywhere?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If it was the complete rifle, I'd pay that much just to see the HK on the stock, upper, lower, etc etc.

ETA: Speaking of the stock...does anyone know where to get the HK M4 stocks, if anywhere?

Are you looking to pay $400+ for a stock just because it says HK?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#10]
anyone dealt with the seller before? i'm thinking about getting it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
$2300 for an HK that doesn't even come with pictograms?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A bunch of them were sold over at HKPRO a month ago, $230 for the pair.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I would for the complete rifle.

Just the upper, no way.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]
COOL!!!!

But not $2300 cool I will wait till they are less than $1500 thank you.

FREE
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Do they include lube with it?

At the bare minimum.......
Cheap bas*ards couldn't even pay for the shipping

I wouldn't mind having one, but I wouldn't pay more than $700-$800 for one, no matter who made it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
COOL!!!!

But not $2300 cool I will wait till they are less than $1500 thank you.

FREE

The force is strong with this one!Patience is a virtue grasshopper!

$2300 TOO BUKU!

I can wait
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, someone would have to drink a gallons of HK Kool Aid to buy one of those at that price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck that, they should be widely available next year for $1500-$1700 retail.... I can't remember if that was for the upper or the whole rifle.

Not to mention that H&K hasn't released them to the open market or individual officers... yet... So if something goes wrong, they (HK) probably won't help you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#20]
anyone buys into this and they are gonna get hosed.HK isnt selling these to anyone but military or police departments.so that makes these forgeries,stolen or free money to the recipient because you send him your money and you wont get anything BUT lubed.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#21]
anyone else notice that the hk reciever is taller then normal.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
anyone buys into this and they are gonna get hosed.HK isnt selling these to anyone but military or police departments.so that makes these forgeries,stolen or free money to the recipient because you send him your money and you wont get anything BUT lubed.

Mr Rick,

Bryan Pritchard has been in the NFA firearm business for a long time and has a great reputation over on subguns and sturmgewehr.  If he is selling them, they ARE legal and you WILL get what you pay for.

Josh
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It is rather pricey, even if it was for the complete rifle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bryan Pritchard has been in the NFA firearm business for a long time and has a great reputation over on subguns and sturmgewehr.  If he is selling them, they ARE legal and you WILL get what you pay for.
Josh

Wow. He's selling them. Well, I know of his reputation so the deal must be legit, albeit expensive.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000

Someone sold a set a couple days ago for $230 I believe.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Josh

Wow. He's selling them. Well, I know of his reputation so the deal must be legit, albeit expensive.

well my bad, if you guys vouch for him then people better jump on it before the ban starting in september.because after that you will only get these if they START building a plant here.so far all that has happened with that is a little dirt pushed around.so apollogies out to you guys and Bryan Pritchard
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
anyone else notice that the hk reciever is taller then normal.

They had to make room for their gas piston system (lifted, I mean "borrowed," from Armalite's AR-18).

That's what's so nice about Leitner-Wise's gas piston system; no drastic modifications to the rifle itself besides the addition of the gas piston system.

Justin
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you looking to pay $400+ for a stock just because it says HK?

Heck no...I'd pay maybe $10-15 extra for that

And does anyone know if anyone is selling just the REAR BUIS?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it was the complete rifle, I'd pay that much just to see the HK on the stock, upper, lower, etc etc. he

Are you looking to pay $400+ for a stock just because it says HK? hock.gif

Heck no...I'd pay maybe $10-15 extra for that he

I doubt the rear sight would work with any other front sight than HK's, because the rail height on the HKM4 is a little higher than a standard flat top.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm eagerly awaiting an HK416 upper, but I'm going to wait till the price comes back to reality. I have been told the Military/LEO price is $1100 for a complete carbine and to expect a civilian price of $1200-$1700 for the complete upper kit.

I love the expert opinions we get on ARFCOM from guys who haven't been within ten miles of ANY gas piston upper.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm eagerly awaiting an HK416 upper, but I'm going to wait till the price comes back to reality. I have been told the Military/LEO price is $1100 for a complete carbine and to expect a civilian price of $1200-$1700 for the complete upper kit.

I love the expert opinions we get on ARFCOM from guys who haven't been within twn miles of ANY gas piston upper.

They cant be imported any more; There is a barrel import ban in place that covers "Non-sporting" fireamrs like AKs, FALs, and ARs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:41:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
........tighter than Sister Mary's cooter ......

tighter than Sister Mary's cooter?

beware lightning strikes..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Does that BUIS set appear on any other HK weapons?

It is likely to be less expensive if you can drop the HK M416 reference, as that adds a premium to be sure

It is after all a picatinny rail mounted item.

Found this on HKpro, which looks a lot like the HK diopter sight to me

coulnt find one on Vector Arms web site , but still looking
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#34]
The diopters are standard on the roller lock guns.  You can't take the diopters off the older guns and put them on a pic rail.  They are welded onto the frame of the roller locks.  You can change the drum, but not the housing.

The diopter sights are wicked. It's one of the reasons why MP5s are so accurate.

M
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#35]
The dude is right.  Importation of an upper will be impossible with the implementation of the barrel ban (its not just a barrel ban, but thats what people are calling it).  It is very expensive, but it may be your one and only chance to get one as a civvie.  This may be like buying a sig 550 back in 1989.

Looks like HK got burned once again by the gov.  No wonder they gave up on selling to US civvies.

Brian Prichard is a good dude with a big reputation.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The dude is right.  Importation of an upper will be impossible with the implementation of the barrel ban (its not just a barrel ban, but thats what people are calling it).  It is very expensive, but it may be your one and only chance to get one as a civvie.  This may be like buying a sig 550 back in 1989.

Looks like HK got burned once again by the gov.  No wonder they gave up on selling to US civvies.

Brian Prichard is a good dude with a big reputation.

If you guys want em, better grab em, because they are no longer importable.  HK can bring them in thru September, as long as their Form 6's are already approved.

That being said, they will be importable for LEO use, but I am sure there will be tight restrictions in place, best bet is that in order for the Form 6 to be approved the uppers will have to already be sold to a LE agency.

These will be collectors items.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#37]
There is NOTHING in the barrel import ban that prevents the 416, or any other NFA weapon, from being imported as a complete post sample, then torch cut and sold as parts. Once the gun is in country, import regulations have no effect on it whatsoever. Parts are parts...unlike receivers, there is NO such thing as "once a barrel, always a barrel".

416 uppers WILL be available in the future. They might be expensive, but they WILL be available.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#38]
i ran into bryan pritchard a year back on the EE when the H&K mags were "popular."  

He screamed and cried like a baby when I asked him if anyone was paying $50 for his magazines.  He had two for sale for a loooonnngggg time.  I guess my question was very stupid.  He had been trying to sell the two mags for a long time...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I sent Bryan an e-mail asking if the sites come with the rifle, did it include the complete bolt assembly and did he have the 16.5" barrels.  His response is pasted below.

"Only 10.5 now

Complete upper with rails on the grips

Yes complete

Bryan"  

I am not sure if that means the sites are or are not included.  Regardless, I do not plan on buying an upper with a barrel shorter that 16" (or a 14.5 with a perm attach flash hider).  So the impulse to buy has taken a big hit.    For now....

G45

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
There is NOTHING in the barrel import ban that prevents the 416, or any other NFA weapon, from being imported as a complete post sample, then torch cut and sold as parts. Once the gun is in country, import regulations have no effect on it whatsoever. Parts are parts...unlike receivers, there is NO such thing as "once a barrel, always a barrel".

416 uppers WILL be available in the future. They might be expensive, but they WILL be available.

Has ATF stated the 416 Upper does not meet the sporting use test, and is thus not importable?

I do not think it is even covered by the ban since it is not a "parts kit", but a separate part.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I think they will be importable as complete weapons for NFA use, LE/MIL.   That is just my opinion and it is not worth much.  Nobody's is at this point.  

You don't see oberland importing AR uppers.  Maybe they don't want to.  Who knows.  If I was an HK collector, I might have to have one @$2300.  I am a recovering HK collector, so no HK 416 for me I guess.  

If Brian can sell them for $2300, then that is what the market will bear, more power to him.

I guess you could torch cut the upper and reweld it, but by then is it worth it?  It is not a standard AR upper.  

The ATF banned barrels and frames (receivers).  Will they consider the upper a receiver?  I don't think so, but it is possible.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

There are people doing Federal time for importing NFA weapons for such purposes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Has ATF stated the 416 Upper does not meet the sporting use test, and is thus not importable?

I do not think it is even covered by the ban since it is not a "parts kit", but a separate part.

Not importable, outside Govt/LEO purposes, just the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#44]
There is an HK M416 video here:

armedforcesjournal.com/blackwater/
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

None of the videos seem to be working.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to download Real Player and go through the included web browers that comes with Real Player and click on the links to the vidoes through the web browser. Hope that helped!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry- I know some don't like RealPlayer, but if you download it, make sure to check out some of the vids from the 2003 and 2004 shoots also.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to download Real Player and go through the included web browers that comes with Real Player and click on the links to the vidoes through the web browser. Hope that helped!

didnt work
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That worked, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#50]
YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CANT HIDE LEWIS!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top