Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:52:24 AM EDT
Originally posted by Monkeyman in the m16/full-auto forums.

"Since the HK416 was announced I've been asking HK people when it was going to be produced in bulk.  It became a bit of an internal HK dealer joke since no-one thought that it was commercially viable, just a bit of a 'fishing trip' project by HK.  My principal e-mailed me last night to say that the project is a commercial 'go' and dealers are to submit orders for samples to 'aggressively market to M4 customers'.  I ordered a 14.5" gun with spare 10" upper, they're available in 10" 14.5" 16.5" and 20".  It'll be months before I see it, I've been waiting four months just for new sample pistols.  Apparently all dealer samples are 'custom finished by hand' - sssshhhhhh, that may be a trade secret.

I have no idea about civilian or US sales, just international LE sales.  I'll see them at SHOT next month, if there's any news on US civilian sales I'll update this".

Hope this means HK is at least thinking about US civilian sales.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I posted info on this a few months ago, HK will be selling to the civilian market once their US factory is up and running.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
If HK starts selling their REAL shit to civilians, then all my dreams will have come true. HK, SIG, and FN, all selling their badass guns to us lowly civi's....somebody pinch me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I posted info on this a few months ago, HK will be selling to the civilian market once their US factory is up and running.

Stick, I really hope you are right. I ran into an HK rep at a GSSF match (odd place to meet an HK guy), and he told me that the US plant (not under construction at the time) was primarily for the Homeland security pistol contract. It would be real nice to see HK long guns in the US market again. People may love/hate HK, but at least they are designing/improving new weapons.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If HK starts selling their REAL shit to civilians, then all my dreams will have come true. HK, SIG, and FN, all selling their badass guns to us lowly civi's....somebody pinch me.

PINCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you man.  Damn Germans make some of the best stuff around.  Can't beat a Sig pistol or H&K AR-15 mags.

:)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I thought HK was only going to open an American factory if they got a certain upcoming pistol contract? Rumor has it, that's the reason the one they bought awhile ago is still sitting dormant.  

I sure hope the rumor I heard is wrong though as I'd love to have a 416.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing has been built on the Columbus, GA land that HK purchased....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PINCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you man.  Damn Germans make some of the best stuff around.  Can't beat a Sig pistol or H&K AR-15 mags.

:)

Desire is a result of mostly what you can not have -- not what is actually better.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
wreckdiver,

I've heard they are looking for a release during 06, but I can't verify that as factual.  The sources I heard it from have been correct on things in the past, so its possible.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see what the big deal is with the HK416.  They're better systems out there that aren't so expensive.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as HK continues its path of ignoring civlian sales, I will continue my path of ignoring their products.

FN will probably get my money once the semi-only SCAR hits gunshops.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As long as HK continues its path of ignoring civlian sales, I will continue my path of ignoring their products.

+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
wreckdiver,

I've heard they are looking for a release during 06, but I can't verify that as factual.  The sources I heard it from have been correct on things in the past, so its possible.

That's the word on the street.

After HK wins JSP, they'll be bringing a lot of their stuff to our shores.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Why do people go crazy over HK products?  There was a thread here awhile back that had first hand experience with the G36 and the results were not positive, cracked receivers came up alot.

POF has a product that is readily available but people go for the HK.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the update.

Do we have any German speaking members, perhaps if someone speaks to them in the native tongue they will be a little more forthcoming. I'll pay for the long distance phone call.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Are you aware of the restrictions that they face currently?  They are setting up a factory in the states, part of which is to get civilian sales available with a broader variety of products.  

I am not an HK fanatic, nor do I own any of their products, but at least I try to make my decisions based on factual info.  If their factory goes up, and they refuse to sell to the public, you will have a valid complaint, but I doubt it will happen that way.  HK is poised to roll over Colt, and I think they would like to see that happen.  Part of doing that involves a strong customer base both in LE/MIL sales, with the rest being the public.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If HK starts selling their REAL shit to civilians, then all my dreams will have come true. HK, SIG, and FN, all selling their badass guns to us lowly civi's....somebody pinch me. hr

I won't pinch you, but I can smack you if you like. he
I can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you aware of the restrictions that they face currently?  They are setting up a factory in the states, part of which is to get civilian sales available with a broader variety of products.  

I am not an HK fanatic, nor do I own any of their products, but at least I try to make my decisions based on factual info.  If their factory goes up, and they refuse to sell to the public, you will have a valid complaint, but I doubt it will happen that way.  HK is poised to roll over Colt, and I think they would like to see that happen.  Part of doing that involves a strong customer base both in LE/MIL sales, with the rest being the public

Thanks Stickman.

Well said.

There as been a lot of trash talk when it comes to HK. Gald to see a non HK guy understand that facts.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Desire is a result of mostly what you can not have -- not what is actually better.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Bah on HK... I fully intend on selling off my HK Tac to fund a purchase of the FN SCAR in '07... The rifle is awsome and they DO sell to us civi's....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
HK is poised to roll over Colt, and I think they would like to see that happen.

General Dynamics owns Colt. General Dynamics is a partner to HK in several ventures. Some unexpected things might be happening after the M8 is solicited.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I have heard these rumors for the past eight months, lets hope they pan out.

Having handled and shot one, I would kill to own a 14.5" & 10.5" upper receiver kit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
wreckdiver,

so this suggests they will offer the 416 before the factory is up and running?

Duh, red- it will be a long time before anyone (in the US) takes delivery of an HK product built in a factory that does not yet exist.

Either weay, it is unlikely it will be my next gun buy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Why do people go crazy over HK products?  There was a thread here awhile back that had first hand experience with the G36 and the results were not positive, cracked receivers came up alot.

POF has a product that is readily available but people go for the HK.

People go crazy for HK products because they have a reputation for producing some of the finest tactical weapons ever made. I like HK products, personally I don't own any. I've shot almost all of their pistols, and most of the rifle series. I recently had a chance to shoot my father-in-law's issue HK p2000 with the LEM trigger. Just didn't do it for me. Felt like shooting a revolver in double action mode. I'm facinated by the 416 just because it is an AR with a different twist. I'm sure it is well made and reliable, but so are my Bushmaster and Colt AR's. As far as the piston vs direct impingement, I think there is a future there. After reading all of the 416 reviews however biased they may be, I like the idea of not spending an hour cleaning my AR.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

General Dynamics owns Colt. General Dynamics is a partner to HK in several ventures. Some unexpected things might be happening after the M8 is solicited.

Please explain...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain...

Stick your ear to the ground. There's plenty of RUMINT flying around to come to any conclusion you can possibly think of.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain...

Stick your ear to the ground. There's plenty of RUMINT flying around to come to any conclusion you can possibly think of.

Oh my, a Colt/HK joint venture over the HK416?

Now that would be sweet and allow Colt to catch up with their international competition for U.S. contracts.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#27]
The rumor mill has me thinking that Colt and HK joining up would be like Cadillac and Chevy joining up.

I hope to god the Brady Campaign (All of the 2008 primaries) won't get elected in 2008.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain...

Oh my, a Colt/HK joint venture over the HK416?

Now that would be sweet and allow Colt catch up with their international competition for U.S. contracts.

IM inbound...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Stickman doesn't just say shit to hear himself talk.  If he says it, he's got a pretty good reason to.  It would be nice to have an HK factory here.  Maybe their AR/M4 mag price would drop a little.  I'd like to be able to buy a SCAR &/or (X)M8, too.  It's about time these companies bring their product to the only large civilian market in the world.  I have a POF, so I don't see buying a 416, but the option would be nice...

TS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top