Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2003 12:45:08 PM EDT
I'm kicking around picking up a Colt 20" upper in 7.62 but I need info as far as what kind of mags I can use with it. Does someone make some sort of conversion like they do for pistol calibers? Are there some sort of converted mags available? I don't know too much about going to 7.62 but I have a ton of ammo to burn through from the days of buying $200 MAK 90's. Little help and or advice guys. Oh 1 more thing. Did Colt make all small hole in 7.62 or did they make both small and large?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Before you purchase your Colt upper, check out [url]http://www.model1sales.com[/url].  They have a 7.62x39 upper that works great with your lower.  As far as mags go, you can do several things.

1.  Put 5 rounds in your hi cap 223 mags
2.  Put a 7.62x39 follower in a normal hi cap 223 mag for 8 rounds.
3. Buy a 10 round 7.62x39 mag from CDNN [url]http://www.cdnninvestments.com/7610blusteel.htm[/url]
4. Buy a 30 round 7.62x39 Frankenmag (They work great) made by USA Magazines Inc.  USA takes a ten round mag and rivits a 30 rnd AK-47 body to it.  They're just really hard to find right now.

I just went to the range with my 7.62x39 upper and met some people with brand new rock rivers.  They tried my 7.62 and were amazed at the recoil.

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top