Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 2:45:38 PM EDT
I took my 37MM launcher off of my AR and it was scrached up in the barrel from the ring,so I took a can of flat black to touch it up,but it looked like crap,so I stopped half way though.I painted a old used Acog I had picked up in the past,and it came out sweet,I even showed the guy I brought it from at the range and he was amazed it was the same one.Anyway I have a lower and a Aimpoint coming for this upper and need to get this taken care of.Anyone ever had to touch up theyre AR?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Spray paint won't work.  Even high temp resistant Rustoleum are no match for quality cleaners like Gunscrubber.

Try [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/15101.asp]this[/url] for "touch ups".
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a damn AR!

Its supposed to get banged, scratched and worn!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I know I sould of left it alone now the barrel needs to be refinished,it looks like crap,maybe I sould take it to the range and burn the paint off
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It shows character....[:)]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Just worry about the brass marks on the deflector!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a barrel vice instead of upper receiver vice to remove the barrel, in the process it got scraped to hell.  Who cares, for the most part it'd be inside the handguard, as long as it doesn't rust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top