Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:13:23 PM EDT
I cant figure this out to save my life . I have installed several Jewell two stage triggers and never had a problem , I thought it was the trigger BUT jewell sent me a brand new one and this one is doing the same thing . Installed trigger as per instructions in RRA lower , Bushmaster 16 Inch V -Match upper .  , adjusted all adjustments per instructions . This is what is happening , When i pull the charging handle back with trigger pulled ( as in checking for proper trigger assy . )  the bolt will not go forward all the way , and trigger does not click when released . I have not tried to fire weapon as when i did with the other trigger ( it was doing the same thing ) it simply jambed the bolt in an open position . If any one has any idea what my problem is i sure would appreciate some help . I talked to Tommy @ Jewell and he walked me thru adj. procedure Nothing seemed to make any diff . Thanking you in advance ,Moses Man . [email protected] .
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Tweak , Yes the rear of the carrier IS slotted .  is this my problem ? I see your a fellow washatonian .
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Your hammer is binding up on the firing pin collar as it passes over.

You will either need to spin file the collar down, or relieve the top of hammer to allow the two to glide past each other during the recharge cycle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top