Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2004 10:23:10 AM EST
Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any experience working with Gunsmoke lowers (stripped) for an AR build? I am also looking at Ameetec and Stag lowers, too.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:32:23 AM EST
I have never even heard of them, granted I am pretty new to this but still. You have a web site for these?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:37:38 AM EST
Yeah, here is the link to Gunsmoke:
http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/index.htm
Anything on Ameetec or Stag lowers for a build?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:44:46 AM EST
Personally I'd go with Ameetec or Stag. Gunsmoke Enterprises is a former site sponser that some believe used questionable business practices.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:47:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 10:48:03 AM EST by PatrickSweeney]
I just received a Stag Arms M4gery with a left-handed upper along with a truckload of other guns for my upcoming book. (Yes, the ejection port is on the left side!)

All who have seen it (I hauled it out at an LEO AR class) were impressed with the quality of the parts and the attention to detail of the build.

I practically had to search my left-handed buddies truck to make sure it came howm with me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:34:46 AM EST
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. I am on a budget, so I want to do the best with the money I have!
It sounds like Stag and Ameetec (from reading other boards) are decent receivers for the price. Any other suggestions of good receivers for the budget minded builder?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:06:00 PM EST
I would personally go with the Stag Lower, I own several of them and they are superb. The fit and finsh is great, you cant go wrong for the price.
Top Top