Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:26:44 AM EDT
Hello,

I had my Bushmaster AR15's barrel threaded and a flash hider installed. However, the gunsmith wasn't very careful in handling my rifle. I can see light scratch marks on the barrel, enough to see the shiny metal underneath. I didn't want to make a big stink about it, but I would like to know what I can do to just lightly touch these sratch marks up.

Many thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:46:30 AM EDT
I just use flat black spray paint whenever my ARs get too shiney at the front sight tower(I like a nice black sight picture). Otherwise I don't bother.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:48:24 AM EDT
Call Brownell's. They carry Birchwood Casey Super Black Instant Touch - up Pens in both flat black and gloss. I've used the flat black on my ArmaLite M-15 for scratches such as you describe, small but down to the metal shine, and unless I pointed them out and you examined them carefully, you'd probably miss them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:16:16 AM EDT
Thank you both for your replies. I'll look into them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:24:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GlaucomicDeafBugler:
Call Brownell's. They carry Birchwood Casey Super Black Instant Touch - up Pens in both flat black and gloss. I've used the flat black on my ArmaLite M-15 for scratches such as you describe, small but down to the metal shine, and unless I pointed them out and you examined them carefully, you'd probably miss them.

Can you give contact info for Brownell's? Also, does this flat black "pen" work on a parkerized finish? I assume yes, but just checking.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:57:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 3:58:14 PM EDT by Drewcoolness]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:12:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Drewcoolness:
Here ya go

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4942

Man, can I get some use out of this stuff. I will order some on Monday. Sincerest thanks.
Top Top