Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:30:53 PM EDT
First, I dont know if this post belongs in this section, but here goes.

I never been to a gun show before, but I was wondering if you can find good deals on complete AR uppers.  I only have about $350 cash on me to spend and was wondering if I could buy one for that price.  What do you think.  Gun Show is tommorrow morning.  Thanks

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
you probably will have better luck in the EE forum.....

gun shows around here dont have that much for deals, expecially for ARs
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Last one I went to, they had USA AR-15 mags for $40!  Definitely try the EE first.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck yeah, I got a great deal on a set of golf clubs and some beany babies as well as my ATF shirt and special forces patches.  Seriously though, I would check the EE or some of the sponsors of this site.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the gun shows that Ive been to hardly have any "Steal Deals". I was at a gun show a couple of months ago and came across an M4gery Bushmaster with flatop reciever for about $1,150 i think. After the show i went to the local gun store and saw the exact same model of Bushmaster for $900.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
no deals at the fun show
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
then what are gunshows for?  seems pointless to go to.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:00:42 AM EDT
[#7]
My philosophy on this is simple.

It pays to know exactly what you are looking for, and what competitive pricing for that should be.

Doing your homework prior to any buy pays off and eliminates the "impulsive buy" - which often ends badly and feelings of remorse

If you want an upper.......decide what style, what range of pricing is realistic, and research what/where your purchase options are.

The internet has forever changed 'our hobby' and resulted in gunshow resource less of a bargain than it used to be

If you do know what you want and what pricing should be, you may find it at a show.

Then again, I know a very reputable gun dealer who does the gunshow circuit, so deals can be had
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw a vender at a show selling brand new S&W M&P 15's for $890.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#9]
They are called "Gun Shows" not "Gun Sales" for a reason.hatfun to look.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I always pick up lowers at gun shows. They're usually $100 and you don't have to pay shipping or FFL fees.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Depends on what show you go to. I have seen some good prices on uppers at shows in your price range but they didn't come with the Bolt. You would be better to buy from someplace like Model 1 Sales. Went to a gun show today and they had Model 1 uppers for the same price as Model 1 sells them for but they were removing the Bolt and selling the Bolt seperate for $100. to $150. extra.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I add to the notion that you need to do your homework first.  

Some of the site contributers are at the shows I go to in NC.  Sometimes they have deals and sometimes no.  

These days I usually do AR stuff online, because between the EE and the site sponsors, I can build for cheaper.  The deals I find are generally for things I wasn't actually looking for...like the W. German Sig I got, for example.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
ok.  thanks for all the advices.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top