Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/21/2003 8:57:29 AM EDT
I don't see much mention of gun scrubber around here, for cleaning tough to get at places..I'm I missing something? Is Gun Scrubber not good for AR15's?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:46:28 AM EDT
Gun Scrubber works great on AR's... just remember it completely strips all your lube away. I always have a few cans around for use when I really get one of the AR's dirty. Normally, BreakFree CLP is my usual for cleaning, but for detail cleaning Gun Scrubber works well... Oh... safety glasses when you spray Gun Scrubber... it's also very efficient at stripping the lube from your eyes... ask me how I know...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:31:14 AM EDT
IIRC it the same stuff as brake cleaner but 10K times more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:45:36 AM EDT
Hey, I'm all for cheaper is better, I know what you mean about the 'ol gunscrubber in the eyes, it's the sort of thing you only do once...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:29:42 PM EDT
Gun Scrubber (Birchwood Casey)is trichloroethylene. That is the reason for it's cost. The brake cleaners I've seen are acetone and alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:29:25 PM EDT
Is it any good to use? I was gonna pick some up but I didnt know what people thought about it. I was gonna use it to rinse out the lugs after cleaning.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:28:20 AM EDT
I've used it for years on my other firearms and it's great for eliminating carbon in hard to reach areas. Some plastics will melt w/Gunscrubber, so be careful--my Glocks are unaffected by it, but I had a S&W 5906 whose grip panels melted instantly when gunscrubber got on them...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:28:12 PM EDT
there is this stuff that I saw at my local wal-mart called rusty duck. You can't miss it, it has an orange top. It looks like the same stuff as gunscrubber but has anyone tried it. Does it work like gunscrubber?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:09:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Msokol13: there is this stuff that I saw at my local wal-mart called rusty duck. You can't miss it, it has an orange top. It looks like the same stuff as gunscrubber but has anyone tried it. Does it work like gunscrubber?
View Quote
I have not tried the rusty duck cleaner, however I bought a can of the lube to try. After what I thought was a good cleaning on my Beretta 96FS I gave it a shot of rusty duck and wathched shit I didn't even know was there blast away. It works great as a cleaner. Alas, I am out now and have not bothered to buy any more. I usually just use FP-10. I do however always keep a can of Carb Cleaner (.88 walmart) handy.
Top Top