Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 9:22:53 AM EDT
I like the idea of using the GunVault AR01 AR MagVault.  

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/GunVault-AR01-AR-MagVault.html?google=1&gclid=CNaqzPH6nrwCFZPm7AodtUgAxA

My question is what is the effect on the buffer spring being constantly compressed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:36:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2014 9:39:13 AM EDT by 227Driver]
Nothing. Springs wear from cycling, not from being continually compressed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:42:30 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 227Driver:
Nothing. Springs wear from cycling, not from being continually compressed.
View Quote

That's what I thought.  So...using this product should have no ill effects on the rifle at all?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:46:19 AM EDT
So long as you understand it's capabilities and what it can't do.  It will only do 2 things.  1 make it harder for children to get into the rifle.  2 make it harder for you to get into the rifle.  What it will not do is stop a thief from taking it or breaking the lock off.  Gun locks are not intended to be theft prevention, they are "safety" features only.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:03:34 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mobiushky:
So long as you understand it's capabilities and what it can't do.  It will only do 2 things.  1 make it harder for children to get into the rifle.  2 make it harder for you to get into the rifle.  What it will not do is stop a thief from taking it or breaking the lock off.  Gun locks are not intended to be theft prevention, they are "safety" features only.
View Quote

That I got.  Kids are my concern at the moment.  I don't need to get into in a rush...have other guns for self defense.
Top Top