Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 1:25:40 AM EDT
Hello all, I had to post this to pass on my experiences with these three companies because everyone should know what AMAZING customer service these companies provide!

SLR: I bought two SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas blocks (set screw) from a different vendor (not SLR). While testing one of the gas blocks, the leaf spring broke below where the screw attaches it. I contacted SLR and they immediately sent out new parts (all the internal parts, not just the leaf spring) for BOTH gas blocks. New leaf spring broke in the same place, called them and they sent me a whole new gas block! All I did was explain the situation and included a couple pictures. The only issue I had was with the gas block I was using on a 7.5" AR pistol, no issue with the other one (they said they use regularly use this gas block on 7.5" submachine gun setups). No questions asked, they just expressed surprise and sent the parts out, followed by a new gas block.

ERGO: I bought one of their 12" Freefloat Keymod Handguards (different vendor). While attaching the barrel nut the nut split in multiple places while torquing it on around 30 lbs. It split where there are small grooves designed into the nut. I'm pretty sure my torque wrench is broken. Took some pics, contacted ERGO and they immediately sent me a new barrel nut. Same thing happened again with the new barrel nut but its damage was relatively minor (one tiny split). I was OK with it, assembled the pistol and I reported what happened, which initiated an internal "discussion" at ERGO. I'm guessing a batch was made where the nitriding or anodizing was less than perfect. At no request by me, they asked if I'd be willing to wait two weeks and they would send me a brand new Gen 2 version of the handguard! Complete! All I had to do is return the original so they could investigate why the barrel nuts failed (fortunately I hadn't tossed them - they would have sent the handguard regardless). The new handguard has a much nicer finish and a stronger design (they'll be out on the market pretty soon I guess). They included a prepaid container so this will cost me nothing (other than a short trip to UPS) and I get a brand new Gen 2 version of the handguard, not just a new barrel nut! Mind you, they are giving me the handguard upfront, not waiting for me to return mine first.

Samson: I bought three sets of their Quick Flip Front & Rear Sight Package HK Front/A2 Rear (different vendor), not realizing these were spring activated (my bad). When they arrived, a couple didn't lock up as solidly as I would like (I've had the same thing happen with Troy). I knew this was normal for this kind of sight but I thought I'd see if Samson would be willing to tell me how to tighten them up or something. Their response was "Would you like to exchange them for manual folding sights?" I explained I had already installed two sets and "dinged" them up a little but that didn't matter. Again, they paid for the shipping and they swapped them out for new sights that I really like - 3 sets - and these lock up TIGHT.

I bring up these experiences not to bitch about their products - EVERY manufacturer has issues every now and then. I mention this because I build my own rifles, carbines and pistols and I deal with A LOT of different manufacturers, which means I've dealt with a lot of customer service departments, particularly, their warranties  or guarantees. I will tell you this - there are not a lot of companies who would have done what these companies did, without a major hassle or threats of contacting their state's better business bureau, corporation commission, etc. I didn't pay a dime and all it took was a couple emails, a couple photos and one trip to UPS. They simply stand behind their products, they are proud of their products and they want to maintain their reputations. ALL of them could have told me tough luck, we don't take returns on used items, "you" broke it and so on, like many other companies do. They expressed genuine concern for their customer. I was floored when ERGO said "We know you're OK with that minor split on the barrel nut but you'll always know it's there. We want you to have a firearm you're proud to show off to your friends and we want you to be 100% satisfied with our product." (something like that). Samson and SLR also expressed similar thoughts. Bottom line: Know these companies stand by their products and they care about customer satisfaction. I pass this on to you because in this day and age, few companies still treat their customers like this. Or care once you've spent your money.

On a different note... Waiting to see how Palmetto State Arms handles the empty box I just received that should have been full of 500 rds of 9mm. Someone cleverly opened it, removed the ammo and placed a single layer of clear packing tape over the top. When the ammo was removed is hard to tell - could have been while waiting for UPS to pick it up or UPS could have helped themselves. It was shipped in a Federal American Eagle 1000 rd ammo box and filled with packing paper. Most everyone else I buy ammo from ships it in unmarked boxes. If you ever have to call them, make sure you have at least an hour to kill - that's how long I was on hold. Don't bother emailing them, they've NEVER responded to any email I've ever sent on ANY topic. Ever. I've had good experiences with them when things go right but when things go wrong, well, I'm not impressed so far. We'll shall see...
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak to the other two, but SLR is great. They were willing to build me an upper using one of theirs (that they don't sell) and one of their handguards with all other parts supplied by me for less than you could imagine. All my emails were responded to almost immediately and the guy I spoke with was professional, friendly, and extremely accommodating.

While I ultimately went a different route, I still bought the handguard from them and I couldn't be happier with it. SLR is a great company to deal with. I can name a few that really suck, but SLR is really one of the best as far as customer service goes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:56:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't speak to the other two, but SLR is great. They were willing to build me an upper using one of theirs (that they don't sell) and one of their handguards with all other parts supplied by me for less than you could imagine. All my emails were responded to almost immediately and the guy I spoke with was professional, friendly, and extremely accommodating.

While I ultimately went a different route, I still bought the handguard from them and I couldn't be happier with it. SLR is a great company to deal with. I can name a few that really suck, but SLR is really one of the best as far as customer service goes.
View Quote

Good to know. I need to get back to the range and test my 7.5" AR pistol out with the SLR adj gas block. If it happens again, I'm going to ask SLR if I can send the upper to them and maybe they can figure it out. They were clearly surprised by what's been happening with my pistol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The new adjustable gas block did the trick - flawless operation and the recoil has been GREATLY reduced. This 7.5" AR pistol is a joy to shoot now. I presume there was an internal flaw with the first one. I highly recommend the SLR adjustable gas block, not to mention it's backed with awesome customer service.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top