Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2003 8:29:46 PM EDT
I can now officially say that I HATE ALL OF YOU!! Well, more jelous than hate . I FINALLY shot an AR for the first time on 9/28/03. Mikr invited my dad, a friend, and I to shoot at Edwards Air Force Base. He had his kids there too cause it was their B-day's. They could really handle the AR and their Mini-14! Anyhoo, back to me . Man, I love the AR even more now since i've shot one. I'm soooooo totally addicted now. His AR was REAL (post ban), not a FAB-10! I loved it. I MUST get one, even if it is a FAB-10. LOL, too bad i'm a poor 15 year old! Can't wait until I enlist in the USMC, mmmmmmmmm, free M16's. Well, just thought i'd share my hate of all of you with you
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 8:41:13 PM EDT by Klinger_04]
well it's good to know that we're hated by someone other than anti-gunners[:D]
Originally Posted By hickboy: Can't wait until I enlist in the USMC
View Quote
yeah i can't wait till i [b]leave[/b] either! you know there is some kid in the DEP program at my recruiting station who is 15. he holds his own no doubt.. you gone to your local recruiting station yet??
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:42:42 PM EDT
I don't hate you guys... That much [;)].No I haven't been to a recruiting station yet. They say that they don't even want to see you until you are at least 17 or a junior in high school. I do plan on doing the DEP when I become a junior and when i'm a senior though. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:44:22 PM EDT
Move to AZ get a civilian job and buy a M16 you can keep at home. The ones the Marines will let you carry will not come at no cost. Other than that have a good time in the Marines.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:02:00 PM EDT
You had almost 500 posts and had not fired an AR15 yet?!?!? Man you must love ARs lol!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:11:15 PM EDT
Going into the Marines is a tough way to get a free rifle. At fifteen you might think that you know what you want or what you think you want but things change allot in the next 5-10 years. Join the Marines for the right reasons or you will be sorry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:17:44 AM EDT
What's a FAB-10?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:23:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By drobs: What's a FAB-10?
View Quote
AN ABOMINATION
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:31:34 AM EDT
Is that one of em plastic lower AR's?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:16:07 AM EDT
Well, I am glad you had a good time there-this kid had never even seen an AR before but could name off everything on it and ID parts blindfolded! Next time I'll bring out the others, especially if that range is extended to long range and you can see how accurate they can be out to long distances. I warned ya-once you pick one up and fire it.....[:D] I am also glad to see that you young guys have proper safe firearm handling skills. I had a good time as well that day, and traced my 1911 problem so hopefully it will be all right by next time. And we should have some more toys out next time....Screw the FAB10-I have a feeling that you'll get out of CA (even if it is is the USMC) and move to a free state-especially after talking to you and your dad.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:35:43 AM EDT
A FAB-10 is a Kalifornistan legal lower. The magazine is not removable. IIRC, you have to break the rifle down and load the magazine through the top of the mag well using stripper clips or one round at a time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:49:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2003 10:50:34 AM EDT by vedubin01]
Originally Posted By dsr611: A FAB-10 is a Kalifornistan legal lower. The magazine is not removable. IIRC, you have to break the rifle down and load the magazine through the top of the mag well using stripper clips or one round at a time.
View Quote
That is just about gay...... Infact that is gay. People bitch about the screw ups on the voting process in FL at least we can have a real gun in the state.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:01:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By vedubin01:
Originally Posted By dsr611: A FAB-10 is a Kalifornistan legal lower. The magazine is not removable. IIRC, you have to break the rifle down and load the magazine through the top of the mag well using stripper clips or one round at a time.
View Quote
That is just about gay...... Infact that is gay. People bitch about the screw ups on the voting process in FL at least we can have a real gun in the state.
View Quote
...only until y'all finish the recount, then who knows?!?!? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:55:20 AM EDT
vedubin01.....REAL GUNS
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:39:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mikr: this kid had never even seen an AR before but could name off everything on it and ID parts blindfolded! Next time I'll bring out the others, especially if that range is extended to long range and you can see how accurate they can be out to long distances.
View Quote
I've SEEN AR's before, i've just never SHOT one before I shot yours. And yes, it was VERY addicting [:D]. I hope they knock that berm down like you were saying. How many yards will the range be if (when) they knock it down?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:08:54 PM EDT
I haven't lased it yet, but it will be more than 1,000M-more likely closer to 1,500M by the time you reach the tanks. I was just giving ya a hard time about not seeing one before.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:28:31 PM EDT
So you will be able to shoot the tanks and APC's if the berm is knocked down? Cool, now i'm going to have to get a precision rifle too! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:38:11 PM EDT
That's what they are there for-and that's why I can't wait to try out some "special" loads that I loaded for 30-06 and .300 Weatherby Mag.....it's neat to see tracers zing towards them and also cool to hear the impacts...
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:17:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By davidp14:
Originally Posted By drobs: What's a FAB-10?
View Quote
AN ABOMINATION
View Quote
Now that's a classic response. [lol]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:02:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hickboy: I can now officially say that I HATE ALL OF YOU!! Well, more jelous than hate
View Quote
Glad to hear you had a good time. Here is an invitation for you...........I assume you live around Edwards, get your dad to bring you to Vegas (actually just over the border before you get to vegas. Only 3 1/2 hours from Edwards north gate) and shoot with us on the 18th of this month. There will be many M16's out that you could probably get some trigger time on if you ask nicely (actually, the guys love to share their toys). Just bring some ammo. We do this every month, you should check it out Here is some video from some of the last few shoots........ [url]http://www.autoglassparts.com/vegasdbs[/url]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:47:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2003 3:03:07 PM EDT by hickboy]
I would LOVE to go, but I don't really have the money right now. How much is it besides the cost of ammo? My dad probably wouldn't want to drive all the way to Vegas either (We live about 3 hours from Edwards). How long does the shoot last for? He most defanitly won't want to drive for 6 1/2 hours for a one day shoot, but I would!! Thanks, Mike. Edited to say: Those are some awsome videos!! Crap I wanna go!! [:D]
Top Top