Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/5/2005 5:07:58 PM EDT
Does any one have one ? Are they for sale ?

ty
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone is selling them in the EE.
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Where ? I cant seem to find it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't think they were on the market yet.
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where ? I cant seem to find it.

Here ya go:

Grip-Pod

You owe me....
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#6]
TITLE II is a great dealer.  give him a shout

Link Posted: 6/6/2005 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]
$245+$8 Shipping?

Yikes!

WIZZO
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#8]
wow. just when I think my M4 is the shit and I liek it the way it is... along comes another accessory I want
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$245+$8 Shipping?

Yikes!

WIZZO

I was just thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$245+$8 Shipping?

Yikes!

WIZZO

I just ran accross this thread and the links. My first though was WTF. I'd rather have a GG&G or Harris bipod on a precision weapon. I personally don't use a FG on a precison weapon. If I need a CQB response, then the magwell works. Other than price (high), please educated me on the prurpose?
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$245+$8 Shipping?

Yikes!

WIZZO

I just ran accross this thread and the links. My first though was WTF. I'd rather have a GG&G or Harris bipod on a precision weapon. I personally don't use a FG on a precison weapon. If I need a CQB response, then the magwell works. Other than price (high), please educated me on the prurpose?

My first guess would be versatility.  Now you can have your vert grip and bipod all in one neat little package. It's certainly a great idea and it sounds like the high-speed guys approve of it, but its way to pricey for my tastes. I’d prefer one of the new Tango Down bipods myself.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$245+$8 Shipping?

Yikes!

WIZZO

My first guess would be versatility.  Now you can have your vert grip and bipod all in one neat little package. It's certainly a great idea and it sounds like the high-speed guys approve of it, but its way to pricey for my tastes. I’d prefer one of the new Tango Down bipods myself.

I thought about that. But bipod poitison (for stabilty) versus FG are two different animals (at lesat as far as precison weopons).  I guess I'm just missing something at this point.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I think it's a good idea, but that price is just too high for me.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$245+$8 Shipping?

Yikes!

WIZZO

I thought about that. But bipod poitison (for stabilty) versus FG are two different animals (at lesat as far as precison weopons).  I guess I'm just missing something at this point.

I certianly agree about the vert grip/bipod postion issue. Thats why I do not think this is intended for precision applications. It sounds like a nice package for a standard AR or maybe a Recon, but not for a SPR/SAM/SDM.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Grip Pod since a long time ago , after the first time I used it I discharged it .

It is huge , very heavy and , when the bipod is open , the rifle / carbine sits too high .

I do not like it at all .

PP out
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
PincoPalla,
How long have you had your GripPod?

Since last January .

PP out

P.S.: I got mine from a frog training here in Varignano , he did not like it so he thought to give it to me as a present.
Link Posted: 6/11/2005 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/11/2005 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I gotta say, that if I'm going PRECISION I'm not going to use a 30 rd mag because it gets me too high.  I'm a purpose driven shooter.  I would like to see the feedback from the guys in the shit before I start spending that kind of money.  Granted I understand the weight comparisons and the money, though I don't agree with the TD VG as the standard by which others are measured, but that is just me.  Frankly, I've NEVER seen a TD VG mounted personally.  Of course I live under a rock, but anyway, with that said, the bi-pod/VG money thing don't jive.  I'm sure it is a well built piece of kit, but when guys like Pinco say something I listen.  He is IMHO a BTDT type of guy and I value his feedback.  Not a slam, just an observation.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#22]
It looks pretty funky to me.

That's what happens when you combined two useful tools in order to create one universal tool.

Looks like a poorly designed forward grip combined with a poorly designed bi-pod!
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I defiantly give you guys an "A" for cleverness.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The Grippod is a standard piece of equipment on every rifle.  

CAG operators are ordering Grippods with their own money

Standard on every rifle?  he
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
PincoPalla,

How long have you had your GripPod?

Harris L Model bipod weighs 11oz
The Tango Down Bipod weighs 10.5oz
The Grippod weighs 11 oz

The Tango Down Battle Grip weighs about 4 oz and is 5” in length.
The Grippod is 5.85” in length

So a Tango Down Grip and a Harris bipod/Tango Down bipod will weigh about 4oz more than a GripPod. The GripPod is about 1” longer.

The US armed forces have over 4000 of the Aluminum GripPods and more orders are coming in.

Once you see the GripPod in person you will realize how much machine work is involved in making these. Everything in the grip is either aluminum or stainless steel.

For comparison sake; A Tango Down vfg and bipod will be $150 + $62 = $212 for a polymer bipod and vfg. The Aluminum Grippod is $245 and the polymer version (available soon) is $125.

This pic shows the height of the Gpod on a carbine. If the bipod were any shorter the 30rd magazine would become a monopod.
title2.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album05/polygpodup.thumb.jpg
Bigger Pic

Here is a pic of me using the GripPod

title2.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album01/grpdar.thumb.jpg
Bigger Pic

SCAR
title2.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album01/SCAR.thumb.jpg
Bigger Pic

Price and weight aside, the position of the so called GripPod in these pixs are too far forward (toward the muzzle)  to useful to the majority of people as a VFG (not enough leverage). The magwell will work better. For a precision or even "semi" precision weapon (never seen a difference, but it was mentioned in this thread: it either is or is not), it is too far aft (toward the magwell) for real stability of the weapon.  This is something I will pass on.

"The US armed forces have over 4000 of the Aluminum GripPods and more orders are coming in. " If this is really true (I have my realdoubts), its looks like a REMF trying to pinch a penny at the expense of our troops.

title2:

What units are actually ordering and using this things. There are enough contacts here to verify whether they are really being deployed and used.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I know the guys that designed and built the grip pod. It has been in development for a long time. If they say it is being used overseas by our soldiers and contractors, it is. Do you think FN put it on the SCAR poster for the hell of it? Some people crack me up, If does not fit onto their, over blingged out, only used sparringly M4 then it must be crap. Then some say, damn if it cost more than 50.00, screw it. I will wait until someone in airsoft land pirates it. Do you know how much it cost to start up production on something? How about R&D?  Have fun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Grippod is a standard piece of equipment on every rifle.  

CAG operators are ordering Grippods with their own money

Standard on every rifle?  

If the guys in CAG are buying them with their own money for issued weapons I would be really surprised.  

Why would they be buying the grip pod with their own money if they are coming on every rifle?

Link Posted: 6/12/2005 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Great looking product.
Should sell very well!

Link Posted: 6/12/2005 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#32]
SMGLEE,

Just curios.
How many SCAR weapon systems did the government purchase?
What divison of the military are getting this weapon systems?
Thanks,

Frank
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Gentlemen,

Thought I would step in and inject some facts.

TangoDown LLC is honored to have our product(s) chosen for the USSOCOM SCAR program.
We have a P.O. from FN to supply the first XXX vertical foregrips for the SCAR L/H guns. Delivery is currently underway. The grips were ordered in USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth, to match the rest of the weapon system.

Our BGV-MK46  tested satisfactory, met the SCAR JORD to the line item and were approved for purchase by USSOCOM and FN.

FN has produced a truly remarkable weapon system that has excelled in testing.
We are pleased to see the point of the spear getting sharper.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Best regards,

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

Thought I would step in and inject some facts.

TangoDown LLC is honored to have our product(s) chosen for the USSOCOM SCAR program.
We have a P.O. from FN to supply the first XXX vertical foregrips for the SCAR L/H guns. Delivery is currently underway. The grips were ordered in USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth, to match the rest of the weapon system.

Our BGV-MK46  tested satisfactory, met the SCAR JORD to the line item and were approved for purchase by USSOCOM and FN.

FN has produced a truly remarkable weapon system that has excelled in testing.
We are pleased to see the point of the spear getting sharper.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Best regards,

Jeff

Word.

Thanks Jeff.

Link Posted: 6/13/2005 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Gentlemen,

I forgot to mention, the SCAR weapons featured on the FN poster were the test samples photographed prior to the SCAR competition of last year.

FN has since modified the weapons a fair amount to USSOCOM/ internal testing input.

Best,

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#39]
For my taste id rather have a VFG and a bipod. That thing is to far forward for me to use as my VFG , ill stick with my harris .  Not to mention it brings a whole new meaning to raped at the asking price.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
For my taste id rather have a VFG and a bipod. That thing is to far forward for me to use as my VFG , ill stick with my harris .  Not to mention it brings a whole new meaning to raped at the asking price.

Oh, so it's ok for Mark Larue to charge $200 for his spr scope mounts but this manufacturer is "raping" you at his asking price? Have you ever tried one? Have any idea of the amount of machining involved in it's production? You guys crack me up with the jumping on/off the ar15 bandwagon - INHO, if you haven't tried the product, what real opinion or useful information could you have besides it looks like this, I've heard this, etc - Why bother posting useless crap - of course that would cut the number of people's posts to about 1/3 on ar15 and guys couldn't work so hard get their post numbers up high and feel good about themselves

My $02, if anyone cares about a real owner who has actually used the product. is it works well, especially as a bipod. It "feels" a  lot lighter than the harris on the rifle, not so unbalanced when you carry the rifle and move it from side to side finding targets. It is also less prone to hang up on bushes/trees/gear/slings than the folded up legs/spring combo on "normal" bipods. If you want a vfg AND a regular bipod hanging off your rifle, be my guest. I actually got it mainly for replacing my bipod on my reece, the fact it acts as a vfg is just an  xtra.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Kavik, I appreciate your outlook and I'm sure it is a fine piece of kit, but that price is the killer, period.  They are evidently charging more than what the consumer is willing to pay for.  At least at this stage until they get it reviewed and accepted by the people around here.  I would be interested in the polymer model, but I need to handle it first.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#42]
im sorry were did i ever say i had a larue mount? I can  tell from the picture it wouldnt do what i wanted it to do. I could really careless how much machining whent into that thing my 50 dollar grip works perfectly fine as do my harris bipods. So i guess what your saying is the only people you wanna hear from are people who are gonna give posative feedback? Ya and my post count is mind boggling high at what 45? dont get mad because some one doesnt like that damn thing im sure there will be plenty of people who think its uber cool but im not one of them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So i guess what your saying is the only people you wanna hear from are people who are gonna give posative feedback?"

No, I want to hear from people who have actual experience with any item, and their positive or negative feedback.  The post count part was not directed at you personally , or just for this thread, sorry if it came out that way, it was for those who waste major ar15 space giving recycled opinions. Input from experience/actual knowledge is valuable. I try not to comment on something unless I have have actually used the item, or am asking for input, but that's me -
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Last time I checked you don't own the board kavik.  I think its perfectly ok for people to brainstorm and throw out their ideas as to the benefits or drawbacks of an item before purchasing it.  It's good debate on a public forum.  I DO want to hear opinions of everyone, even those who haven't used it.  If a new product is introduced and no one is allowed to comment on it, except those who have used it, then there would be no discussion.  Ridiculous.  It is possible for people who have never used a product to have valid input on it based on other/past experience.

It is only wrong for people who haven't used it to claim they have in order to bolster an opinion.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#45]
you know what they say about opinions - course some of them are right

really - if you want to waste bandwith and your time go ahead - I'll just keep doing what I do personally  - skipping the "i think" and "it looks like' and 'i heard' and "mike the airsoft player said" posts and reading the opinions of people who actually use the stuff

Now my accidental hijack shall be done and I shall return you to people talking about what they feel...

Link Posted: 6/16/2005 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#46]
well you might have a hard time finding those cause it doesnt sound like to many people have used them but sense im not blind and can see those picts of them in use I KNOW it wouldnt get the job done for me.. Just cause someone doesnt like a product you use ya shouldnt take offense. You like it more power to ya, me ill stick with what works for me and it doesnt include that thing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#47]
They have an online store now.

www.grippod.com/

Hit the "purchase" button.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
There was some dispute as to whether or not Pinco actually had a grip pod or not. Someone thought he was talking about a Vert grip that had a monopod on it. Something taken off an italian bazooka or something. If this was in fact the case, and he was talking about another grip and not the grippod, Pinco's opinions would not be very valid. He just sent me the pics of the Grip pod he owned and commented on. They do indeed look like the GripPod we are discussing. Pinco said "in so many words" that he did not like the grip pod. Neither did the Navy Frogman who gave it to him.

images.snapfish.com/3443998723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E233%3A%3D%3B68%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E2323949%3A44466ot1lsi

images.snapfish.com/3443998723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E233%3A%3D%3B68%3D8%3A6%3DXROQDF%3E2323949%3A44469ot1lsi

new-arguy,

Did Pinco say how much it weighted?
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top