Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2004 1:14:49 AM EDT
Okay my LE Carbine is relatively new, I've got quite a few rounds threw 'er.  I was cleaning it today, and after reassembly, I pulled the charging handle to lube the bolt, and a strange odor emmitted from it like a metal to metal grinding smell.  I was instructed by many folks to use limited amout of oil, am I using too little or is it just going through the break in process.  I think it is comming from the charging handle itself, so its not the bolt.  Should I use more oil on the charging handle or just stop babying a combat weapon?

Thanks in advance!  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I follow the lube recommendations that is in the -10.If you start seeing heavy wear kick up the lube a bit.I always leave or have a gloss sheen of oil in the upper and on the bolt carrier.Another area to make sure is lubed well is the cam pin and its track in the upper.If you get oil splatter on your face or glasses you oiled to much,otherwise no harn no foul.
Im not in the desert and do not expect to be in this lifetime so heavy amounts of clp is not going to get me into trouble.A lack of clp may get me some rust since I live in the hot damp south.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top