Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2003 10:06:33 PM EDT
When I bought these and recieved them I freaked out. I live in WI and am converting all my mags to Labelles, them being "local" and all, lol. Well, I mosey over to the EE and see someone selling Labelles, almost NIW (he took them out to put green followers in). So, I buy them. I really didn't read the add, just the cost, and that they were Labelles. So, I get the mags, and they are not phosphated, they are smooth and grey in color, and they don't say LaBelle, Oconomowoc, WI, on the floorplate, they say "Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services, Osseo, MN" so I started to freak. I asked some people around the boards, and they said "Yep, those are Labelles all right, and rare ones, not many made with the grey teflon"
So, what I want to know is, when did Labelle move to MN? I thought they just went out of business (I drive by the old plant every now and then). Also, were there any teflon mags (black or grey) that were made in the WI plant, or were all the teflons made in the MN plant? Were there any phosphated mags made in MN? Do all MN made mags have the new floorplates, or did they use up the remaining Labelle floorplates? Someone educate me on the mag manufacturer that I grew up within 10 miles from please, lol! Funny thing is, I never even connected the 2 (Lake LaBelle, Oconomwoc, WI, and the mag manufacturer LaBelle) until I saw the bottom of a Labelle mag and actually read it. The same day I went out and found the plant. By then I think they were already moving/moved though. And no going out of business sale even, the ungrateful turds, lol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS is in MN.  These were made by Labelle for DPMS.  DPMS just used their own floorplates.  Nothing to worry about, they were still made in WI.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I too have several brand new Labelle light grey Teflon coated mags that are marked... Bushmaster.
So what, who cares what the floorplate says, you have probably the best 30 round mags made, just perfect!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know of a source where I can get POST-ban (LEO) Labelle magazines?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top