Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 10:20:05 PM EDT
I'm in the market for an AR-15 and I am torn between these two models. I can get a good price on the Spectre Light, unfortunately I am having a hard time find much in the way of reviews. I will primarily be using the rifle for static firing as well as a couple of tactical courses. Without going through the differences between the two systems proprietary parts does anyone have any experience with the Grey Ghost Spectre Light, and if so, can you relate it to the KAC Rifle? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That grey ghost rilfe is a bit much for what seems like a mega arms build you can build yourself.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
KAC
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The Grey Ghost Spectre light is looking like a excellent set up - I,m liking the accuracy guarantee that comes with the rifle
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That grey ghost rilfe is a bit much for what seems like a mega arms build you can build yourself.
View Quote

^^THIS^^ I used the Mega platform and built a rifle that has a lot of high end parts and it's my own custom.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAC
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
KAC has always been great
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote KAC also.
If you are concerned about the price tag for a Mod2, find yourself a Mod1 in like new or NIB condition on EE for $1700-1800.
Or buy just an upper and put it on your favorite lower since the KAC upper is really what makes them special.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
KAC because I have one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Grey Ghost rifle seems a bit overpriced?

The Mega Extended Rifle MKM Upper + Rail is 530
Mega Ambi Lower is 225
Mega Arms barrel is 250
Mega Arms Trigger is 60
Lower Parts Kit ( No Trigger ) 40
Nitride BCG 120
Mega Slidelock Charging Handle 60
Carbine Tube + Buffer/Spring 40
Magpul ACS 80
Magpul Grip 20
Magpul P-MAG 15
Your Choice of Muzzle Device 100
Battle Arms BAD-CASS 90

It's about $1700 of parts without ANY discounts. You could probably find stuff on sale brand new easily.  I don't see how they justify the price tag. Now if you can get a discount of 20-25%, it'd be possibly worthwhile. Just realize that the KAC resale value will always be better than the Grey Ghost or a Mega Arms Custom Gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Ballpark.

They aren't in the same one.

Parts build vs factory build with the best proprietary bolt/gas system on the market and a proven accurate hammer forged barrel?

KAC, or just buy the same parts they did and save a ton of money.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate the input! I had looked at the parts individually and thought the same rifle could be built cheaper with the same parts but thought I might have missed something that merited the extra price on the Spectre. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top