Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:25:16 PM EDT

hey ARFreeks !! anyone out there ever try launching grenades.....practice or otherwise...

off the business end of your weapon ?? i know at one time there were grenade blanks

available to do this , but i haven't seen any around for quite sometime . i've done this with

with a FAL and an M1; both offhand, and not totally painful if held correctly . will the black

rifle hold up to this routine - provided the blanks could be found, or even hand loaded ???
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:32:59 AM EDT
Ammoman has .223 blanks, but I think there were special ones for firing grenades. (I believe some newer grenades can be fired with regular ball ammo.)

The FS is NATO-standard size for firing them but I don't think many (any?) countries use them. Most use the M203 or similar instead.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:37:58 AM EDT
The M200 is a regular blank. The M195 and M755 were special blanks for use with rifle grenades or the M234 launcher respectively.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:39:35 PM EDT

it was my understanding that these proceedures were dumped because of the danger of

firing a live round into the back of a live rifle grenade......with the attendant results !!

i also understand that a new generation of grenades has been developed with a built-in

bullet trap, so that ball ammo could used....either to launch the grenade , or simply

protect the firer from fragging himself . i know that when colt first picked up the AR15 ,

they offered a clip on grenade sight which attached to the FSB via a small projection on it's

front . i've seen exactly one of these over the years.....and still kick myself for not buying

it . if i can readily get this equipment , i'd like to at least think about building a dedicated

"grenade gun" the old gun show staple practice grenades are actually fairly accurate out

to about 75-100 meters .
Top Top