Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:25:16 PM EDT

hey  ARFreeks  !!     anyone out there ever try launching grenades.....practice or otherwise...

off the business end of your weapon ??    i know at one time there were grenade blanks

available to do this ,  but i haven't seen any around for quite sometime .    i've done this with

with a FAL and an M1;  both offhand,  and not totally painful if held correctly .   will the black

rifle hold up to this routine -  provided the blanks could be found, or even hand loaded ???  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Ammoman has .223 blanks, but I think there were special ones for firing grenades.  (I believe some newer grenades can be fired with regular ball ammo.)

The FS is NATO-standard size for firing them but I don't think many (any?) countries use them.  Most use the M203 or similar instead.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The M200 is a regular blank.  The M195 and M755 were special blanks for use with rifle grenades or the M234 launcher respectively.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]

it was my understanding that these proceedures were dumped because of the danger of

firing a live round into the back of a live rifle grenade......with the attendant results !!

i also understand that a new generation of grenades has been developed with a built-in

bullet trap,  so that ball ammo could used....either to launch the grenade ,  or simply

protect the firer from fragging himself .   i know that when colt first picked up the AR15 ,

they offered a clip on grenade sight which attached to the FSB via a small projection on it's

front .    i've seen exactly one of these over the years.....and still kick myself for not buying

it .    if i can readily get this equipment ,  i'd like to at least think about building a dedicated

"grenade gun"     the old gun show staple practice grenades are actually fairly accurate out

to about 75-100 meters .    
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top