Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 8:57:38 AM EDT
Just for grins, I purchased several of the "20 round green military followers" from CDNN to try in some of my 20 round magazines.  I replaced the existing black plastic followers that were original to the (Colt) magazines with the green ones and headed out to the woods to make some noise.  I had never had any reliability issues with the black plastic followers, but I thought I'd try the green ones anyway.

I was not impressed.  I found I could only fit 19 rounds into the magazines rather than 20.  Also, the last two rounds in each of the magazines (4 different magazines) I used would not consistently feed.  The bolt would slide over the last two rounds without picking them up (and, yes, the springs were installed correctly).

I've never had any troubles with the "30 round" green followers in my 30 round magazines, but the "20 round" ones sold by CDNN don't work properly (at least not in my magazines).  I promptly re-installed the old black plastic followers.

Anyone want to trade some aluminum followers for some "20 round" green ones?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Go back to the black 20 round followers.  If it works, why change?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Green followers were developed for 30 rnders. Original black followers for 20´s never had any issues due to the straight design of 20 rnder mag...So,if it ain´t broke? Don´t fix it rule applies...We all thank green is cool,just not in 20´s.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go back to the black 20 round followers.  If it works, why change?

+1
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone want to trade some aluminum followers for some "20 round" green ones?

I have some laying around.  How many do you want to trade?
[email protected]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top