Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it's time to be parting ways with "Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Here in Western Colorado the FFL dealers are charging between $10 and $25 to handle a transfer!

Did this Pittsburgh outfit include a big ol' sloppy wet kiss along with the fucking that they gave you?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That is highway robbery
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $47 a year or 2 ago.  A year before that I think it was $25.  And I was pissed about having to pay $47.  I wouldn't even go near $100 much less $147.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm, why didn't you confirm howmuch it would cost you beforehand?  Fortunately, I have an FFL that works out of his house 3 minutes from me that charges $10.  I recently received 2 AR lowers and was sure he'd charge me $20, nope, $10.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I would let them know very well that you no longer intend on doing any more business with them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
What, you did not confirm what it would cost before you ordered a firearm?

If that is the case then it's your own fault.

If you did, and they inflated the transfer fee after the fact, then you need to take them to small claims court.

I get irritated when my local FFL charges me $25 plus "tax" for "labor" on the transfer fee.

If someone told me more than $30 for a transfer fee on a non-NFA firearm, I'd laugh in their face and go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a little gunshop I used to deal with most of the time the owner would'nt even charge me for a transfer because I had been buying stuff from him since I was 18.   The shop is now under new ownership and now they want $35.00 to do a transfer.  F-them!  Damn crooks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top