Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2010 1:23:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 1:35:16 PM EDT by mike_nds]
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:56:15 PM EDT
I'm still waiting for payday  Those look great !
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:26:24 PM EDT
Guess I'll have to replace my DSA lower on my A2! Wow, looks great!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:49:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 2:53:27 PM EDT by C6H12O6]
Cool, I have the first black one (#51).

Funny, my NIW FN A2 upper is more of a gray color, so it's gonna get sent off to Victor to be re-ano'd black.

I'd still be interested in an in-the-white version with:

"CAL. 5.56" instead of "MULTI CALIBER"

and

"SEMI" instead of "FIRE" so I could send it to Ident to have "BURST" added
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:12:32 PM EDT
I agree about the 5.56mm instead of Multi. My biggest reason being ATF will no longer accept Form 1s for SBRs as Multi caliber.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 7:24:36 PM EDT
Hmm, and I just happen to have need of one for another build. So now I have to save more money to get 2. Oh well it's just money and I cant take it with me when I go.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 8:00:57 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting two A1 lowers, two gray A2 lowers, and two black A2 lowers; I will probably order everything at once to save on FFL transfer fees, as soon as the NDS-16A1 becomes available again.  But if A2s with 'semi' instead of 'fire' are going to be produced at some point, those would be my preference, and I would wait for those.  So I am curious as to whether this is still being considered or not.  I would hate to see a situation where myself and others hold off on ordering A2 lowers hoping for a markings change, and this ends up meaning lower sales of the existing A2 lowers, interpreted as a lack of interest in the product, resulting in no lowers being produced with the alternate markings.  Just wanted to add my $0.02 to make it clear there is more interest out here in 'SEMI' marked A2 lowers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 8:02:13 PM EDT
Black looks nice.
Gray look AWESOME!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:46:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

I'd still be interested in an in-the-white version with:

"CAL. 5.56" instead of "MULTI CALIBER"

and

"SEMI" instead of "FIRE" so I could send it to Ident to have "BURST" added

Me 'n you Bro, same wavelength!  

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:42:32 AM EDT
If only the word "Fire" was "Semi".....I would like mine engraved and I checked out Orion-arms...and the site says that they team up with a company called "The Gun Garage LLC" to fill in the offending word "Fire" and Orion can add "Semi" but you can only use a spray on finish with filled markings so the preban gray anodizing that I would want could not be done.  I have dealt with Identmarkings in the past and they are awesome, but they did not recommend filling in the markings and re-engraving them.  

I'm going to end up picking one of these A2's up anyway, but any ideas?  
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:46:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2010 7:47:11 AM EDT by mike_nds]
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:58:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
I have requested they change "fire" to "semi", but I doubt the caliber markings will be changed to "5.56MM"

The caliber marking isn't a dealbreaker for me.  I hope you'll keep us informed of what decision is made regarding fire/semi.  I'll take 'fire' if I have to, but I want to avoid a situation where I buy four 'fire' marked lowers and then a month later the 'semi' marked ones come out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:11:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:40:20 AM EDT
Waiting for a gray A2 SEMI marked lower like a Ranger School trainee waiting to spring an ambush ..........
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 11:55:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By flatdarkmars:
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
I have requested they change "fire" to "semi", but I doubt the caliber markings will be changed to "5.56MM"

The caliber marking isn't a dealbreaker for me.  I hope you'll keep us informed of what decision is made regarding fire/semi.  I'll take 'fire' if I have to, but I want to avoid a situation where I buy four 'fire' marked lowers and then a month later the 'semi' marked ones come out.

"MULTI CALIBER" and "FIRE" weren't dealbreakers for me, either.  Obviously - since I bought #51.  I was just happy to be able to buy a simple A2 lower without silly logos.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 5:04:08 PM EDT
Good deal Mike, we know you guys don't make the A2's but we're eternally grateful to you if you could get us some marked "Semi" from McKay.

Off topic, any idea when we might see some "In the white" full fence lowers?  I want to buy one and send one to Ident for engraving, but do they have to be in the white?

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:53:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Boeing727223:
Good deal Mike, we know you guys don't make the A2's but we're eternally grateful to you if you could get us some marked "Semi" from McKay.

Off topic, any idea when we might see some "In the white" full fence lowers?  I want to buy one and send one to Ident for engraving, but do they have to be in the white?

I sent Ident my anodized lower for engraving and they engraved it and "filled" the engraving quite nicely:

Didn't scratch my lower or anything, PERFECT!

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 3:49:50 AM EDT
Man Ident does fantastic work don't they?  I was dealing with Jason Crum who is a super nice guy and bends over backwards to get you what you want.  Your receiver is an NDS and they keep the ATF markings low on the mag well for us guys who want to engrave our stuff.  They also make "Semi" standard which is just reason 9,253,359 to buy NDS receivers.  So what did Ident fill in?  I can swear Jason didn't recommend filling in existing markings and engraving over them....but if I heard wrong...I would love to be wrong here!  Maybe filling in markings and not engraving over them may be the difference here.

I love the GM markings idea...any more pics of the full rifle?  
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 3:52:27 AM EDT
And....looking at that excellent work done with an already anodized receiver...hell I should probably just skip the "in the white" process anyway.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 4:56:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 5:35:43 AM EDT
Gordon told me they use Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black in the engraving to darken it on the already anodized lowers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 5:41:56 AM EDT
hey NDS I wish you guys would just let me come up there and buy a grey one for my colt sp1 upper
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:19:20 AM EDT
Alllrighty, I'll wait for the "in the white" stuff, but then again maybe the Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black might work...hmmm so damn glad I thought of that!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:21:39 AM EDT
All kidding aside the  Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black does look good so I'm just going with an already anodized receiver once the full fences become available again.
Top Top