Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2004 11:55:18 AM EDT
I was looking at the Weaver Grand Slam in 6-20x40 with AO and FCH reticle, for around $360.  This scope is pretty much what I want, but I was wondering if there is anything higher quality that I can get for the same price.  I want at least 14 power and either a FCH or Fine duplex reticle.  I don't care about tube diameter or target knobs.

This will be goin on top of a RRA varminter, and be used on varmints and paper to 350 yards (sometimes more).

Thanks

Kingpin  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Grandslam is THE BEST for the money. Read up on the torture tests that have been done on them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply....hopefully there will be more to come.

I'm just uneasy about not buying American made...and I'm not sure about the Simmons takeover of Weaver...???

Just don't want to get burnt.  I want the best bang for my buck (I hate to use that worn out phrase).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Trust me. I have done the research. I have read a torture test where they do the ice cube thing, .50 thing and the knobs track the same 1/4 moa no matter what. The p.o.a. doesn't even shift when you zoom in and out to different powers. Plus you can adjust the windage/elevation with your hands, you don't have to use a coin. Get a good set of Leupold rings and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
What do ya'll think between the Grand Slam or a Vari-x II in 6-18x40??

....but the search function didn't turn up much.  What is the difference in Vari-x II and III?

Thanks    
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Dont know about that one but I have used the 6.5-20 VX-III and did not like how eye relief critical it was [ older model] . Great on the bench, tough to use prone in the dirt with changing positions.VX-II 4-12 ao is an excellent target/varmint scope. Best reticle with their fine duplex and you can do anything with a 12 that you can do with a 14, to be practical shooting varmints.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
where can we read the torture tests ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw one in a gun magazine. Might have been shooting times.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top