Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/17/2008 1:50:36 PM EST
Colleagues - I'm looking for a pistol grip for my AR and I have three criteria. Thusfar, I've not been able to fine one that meets my specifications and I'd appreciate your good counsel. My criteria are:
1 - finger goooves (more than one)
2 - rubber outer coat, a la Hogue
3 - closeable storage compartment (not hollow)

Does anyone know of something that does the trick? Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:01:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:11:26 PM EST
Two out of three also might be a Magpul MIAD.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:13:37 PM EST
MIAD while by far the most superior AR-15 grip on the market (IMO) does not have multiple finger grooves nor is it rubber coated.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:48:38 PM EST
You're right.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:36:57 AM EST
Do the Ergos have storage? Why do you want finger grooves?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:05:48 AM EST
Finger groves are simply a personal preference. Have them on my AK and Mossberg. I hate the standard AR pistol grip...a little too small; I like to fill the hand a little more.

Thanks to research inspired by the feedback here, I found and ordered the Ergo SureGrip, which meets all three of my criteria,

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:24:54 AM EST
I'm actually wanting to get a grip for mine as well and I was looking really hard at the G-27 grip posted above...it looks like it'll be a good grip.

Anyone with personal experience using it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:17:43 AM EST
I'm pretty sure you can get grip plugs for Hogue and Ergo, not hinged but still usable for storage.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:19:55 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:32:24 PM EST
Check out the ERGO SureGrip, It has fit me best, it is better if you have big hands unlike the Houge that will fit a shooter that will always use thick gloves or has small hands as soon as I used mine for the first time I could tell a big difference in how my hand felt, it no longer hurt after shooting for long periods of time and with the overmold you get a very nice grip on the grip, I like the Maid also but I couldnt wait for them to come out with the overmolded model so I went for ERGO SureGrip and it work's best for me. But like a alway's say some things work better for other's then they will for you. But since the cost is good about $20 and the 99% chance you will love the grip I would say go for it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:34:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By AKMike333:
Finger groves are simply a personal preference. Have them on my AK and Mossberg. I hate the standard AR pistol grip...a little too small; I like to fill the hand a little more.

Thanks to research inspired by the feedback here, I found and ordered the Ergo SureGrip, which meets all three of my criteria,

Thank you.

No prob.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:58:23 PM EST
You may want to check out the Troy rifle grip -- no finger groves, but that's only good if the groves are sized for your hands, unless you'd be happy with a gereric fit. It's used by some Spec Ops guys and that says a lot to me! I've got two and with the butt storage it's great!
Top Top