Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 1:58:50 PM EST
Just picked up a PRS but I guess I did't realize that I needed a buffer tube (thought it came with it)

I have a faux collapsable on the lower now and I do believe that the spring and buffer are the same as a A1/A2 stock buffer, is this correct?

Where can a get a A1 buffer tube?

Do I need the A2 spacer to install the PRS?

Do I need anything else besides the A1 tube????

Thanks
Got_Guns
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:38:52 PM EST
You need a Rifle Tube, Rifle Spring and Rifle Buffer, Dont even try the carbine buffer/spring its waaay to short,
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:37:27 PM EST
Don't ya just hate getting the part you need then finding out you need something else. I get the HUA syndrome too. Now ya gotta wait for somethin else in the mail.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:53:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 3:54:58 PM EST by dabigbozman]
CLICK HERE Just make sure you get the"Standard" stuff
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:14:31 PM EST
I ordered the tube from Del-Ton. I have ordered stuff from them in the past and they were a decent company to deal with.

I will add the Model1Sales site to my favorites for future reference.

I have a M93B with a carbine buffer and spring and the buffer is half the size of the buffer from my Bushy faux collapse stock. I do believe that I have the correct buffer and spring.

Thanks again for your help

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:43:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Got_Guns:

I have a M93B with a carbine buffer and spring and the buffer is half the size of the buffer from my Bushy faux collapse stock. I do believe that I have the correct buffer and spring.

Thanks again for your help

Interesting, The fake colaspse stocks are just pinned stocks, are you sure its the rifle buffer?

This is a Rifle Buffer.
if it does not look like this then you should not try it. alot of money will go down the hole if you shoot a rifle tube that has a carbine buffer in it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:02:21 PM EST
Kells,

Here is what I have so far, trigger is in the mail from MSTN.

The buffer is a rifle buffer, correct? This is a factory bushmaster buffer and spring.

I am now leaning towards a Lilja barrel from MSTN if he still has them
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:03:55 PM EST
see all you had to do was post pics!

that stock is useless without a barrel, you can send it my way and I'll give it a good barrel to sit behind.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:09:55 PM EST
Kells, I'll box it up tonight, just IM me your address

The barrel is being debated right now.

I have another thread going trying to figure out if a 18" or 16" barrel is better for me.

Hopefully, this build will be finished soon!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:15:57 PM EST
I built this, is a 16" middy and its pretty accurate for a plain ole RRA barrel.

I want to build a 18" middy 6.8 SPC just like it.

so my answer is go 18" cause not everyone has one.
Top Top