Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 3:07:57 PM EDT
Ordered a Vanilla A3 upper with a 20" SS barrel from Legal transfers, so I figured I'd better put the stripped Double Star lower together before it shows up.

http://i4.tinypic.com/824731g.jpg

Thats it attached to my Stag M4gery upper (I was testing the function).

Went together easier then I thought it would, vice grips bit through the electrical tape and scarred the bolt release mount though when I was on the last squeeze.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Sorry to hear about the vise grips next time get it started then use a punch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I need to get a vise block.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Went together easier then I thought it would, vice grips bit through the electrical tape and scarred the bolt release mount though when I was on the last squeeze.

Battle scars baby!  

Congrats on the new born!  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good, man. I try not to ding the finish putting things together, but after they've lived with me a while they tend to lose that pristine look anyway.

What kind of upper did you order?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know why, but for some reason a fixed A1 or A2 stock just looks right under a carbine upper.  Looks more balanced to me.  Espcially with the fatter M4 handguards.  It's the only time I like them.  Otherwise, I like the way the thinner ones look with a telestock.

What does that have to do with function?  Nothing, it's all about looks.  Except for that a the recoil is probably a little different with the rifle buffer and spring than with a carbine telestock.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:

What kind of upper did you order?

RRA, Pete beat RRA sales prices by a good $20.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't know why, but for some reason a fixed A1 or A2 stock just looks right under a carbine upper.  Looks more balanced to me.  Espcially with the fatter M4 handguards.  It's the only time I like them.  Otherwise, I like the way the thinner ones look with a telestock.

What does that have to do with function?  Nothing, it's all about looks.  Except for that a the recoil is probably a little different with the rifle buffer and spring than with a carbine telestock.

it's the 16" barrel throwing off the balance...trust me mine is exactly like that.  I actually like the balance of it more with the fixed stock
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
"I don't know why, but for some reason a fixed A1 or A2 stock just looks right under a carbine upper. Looks more balanced to me. Espcially with the fatter M4 handguards. It's the only time I like them. Otherwise, I like the way the thinner ones look with a telestock."

I was just thinking the same thing, except that I like A1 stocks instead of A2 on a carbine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Does that upper have finish issues,  or is that condensation,  etc. on it?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
Does that upper have finish issues,  or is that condensation,  etc. on it?

Oil, I tend to overdo it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top