Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 3:07:57 PM EDT
Ordered a Vanilla A3 upper with a 20" SS barrel from Legal transfers, so I figured I'd better put the stripped Double Star lower together before it shows up.

http://i4.tinypic.com/824731g.jpg

Thats it attached to my Stag M4gery upper (I was testing the function).

Went together easier then I thought it would, vice grips bit through the electrical tape and scarred the bolt release mount though when I was on the last squeeze.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:15:01 PM EDT
Nice. Sorry to hear about the vise grips next time get it started then use a punch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:16:16 PM EDT
Yeah, I need to get a vise block.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:17:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ejection:
Went together easier then I thought it would, vice grips bit through the electrical tape and scarred the bolt release mount though when I was on the last squeeze.

Battle scars baby!

Congrats on the new born!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:18:17 PM EDT
Looks good, man. I try not to ding the finish putting things together, but after they've lived with me a while they tend to lose that pristine look anyway.

What kind of upper did you order?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:21:11 PM EDT
I don't know why, but for some reason a fixed A1 or A2 stock just looks right under a carbine upper. Looks more balanced to me. Espcially with the fatter M4 handguards. It's the only time I like them. Otherwise, I like the way the thinner ones look with a telestock.

What does that have to do with function? Nothing, it's all about looks. Except for that a the recoil is probably a little different with the rifle buffer and spring than with a carbine telestock.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:33:33 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By MMcfpd:

What kind of upper did you order?

RRA, Pete beat RRA sales prices by a good $20.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:40:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:
I don't know why, but for some reason a fixed A1 or A2 stock just looks right under a carbine upper. Looks more balanced to me. Espcially with the fatter M4 handguards. It's the only time I like them. Otherwise, I like the way the thinner ones look with a telestock.

What does that have to do with function? Nothing, it's all about looks. Except for that a the recoil is probably a little different with the rifle buffer and spring than with a carbine telestock.

it's the 16" barrel throwing off the balance...trust me mine is exactly like that. I actually like the balance of it more with the fixed stock
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:49:05 PM EDT
"I don't know why, but for some reason a fixed A1 or A2 stock just looks right under a carbine upper. Looks more balanced to me. Espcially with the fatter M4 handguards. It's the only time I like them. Otherwise, I like the way the thinner ones look with a telestock."

I was just thinking the same thing, except that I like A1 stocks instead of A2 on a carbine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:38:10 PM EDT
Does that upper have finish issues, or is that condensation, etc. on it?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:07:26 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By DMGunn:
Does that upper have finish issues, or is that condensation, etc. on it?

Oil, I tend to overdo it.
Top Top