Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 8:29:27 PM EDT
It's a KISS bench/range rifle, no SHTF BS. I kinda would like to do some competition shooting with it just for fun and learning. It should be good enough for that right?

Upper : PSA - A2 profile 18", Rifle length gas, 1/7 twist, Wylde chamber, Nitride
Lower: PSA 'Defender' - MOE furniture, EPT polished trigger, Ambi safety
BCG - PSA
Scope  - Burris - PEPR QD Mount, Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
You win the internet today. Nice build.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember to post a range report when you get it out!  I've very curious about the budget PSA uppers.  I helped a young friend this weekend to put together his first AR and I think the major components are the same as yours.  Unfortunately, it's too cold in PA to get to the range for a while. 

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember to post a range report when you get it out!  I've very curious about the budget PSA uppers.  I helped a young friend this weekend to put together his first AR and I think the major components are the same as yours.  Unfortunately, it's too cold in PA to get to the range for a while. 

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/OlGunner/image_zpslv3okm2z.jpeg
View Quote

Yup haha, that sure looks like the same upper and lower. I made a post last week asking for some range reports and nobody had much input so I don't think too many people own an 18" PSA. I'll try and do a write up. I think I have a good scope for pushing the accuracy to the limits.

I must say that it's hard to believe this is only two inches longer than a 6920. It sure seems like it is 4-6" longer. I can't imagine how long a 20" must feel!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too cold? Its 42 degrees right now. It was 58 degrees the other day. Throw on some thermals and get out there!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Too cold? Its 42 degrees right now. It was 58 degrees the other day. Throw on some thermals and get out there!
View Quote
I admit it's above 40 today, but it's howling out there.  20-30mph winds make things cold fast--not to mention play hell with group sizes!
The "ol" in "olgunner" means old.  There ain't enough thermals in the world to get these arthritic joints to the range this time of year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice setup...
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice rifle for sure, but you built it upside down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#10]
im pa where im at we just open the kitchen window and call it a range
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Range report asap!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top