Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 2:56:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/14/2014 4:35:32 PM EDT by acevesme]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:57:00 PM EDT
Looks good man! I had a Sparc and really liked it. I've been seriously debating getting a Sparc 2. How's the tint through the optic? Vortex said it was reduced slightly. Just curious how slight.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:45:28 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AggM:
Looks good man! I had a Sparc and really liked it. I've been seriously debating getting a Sparc 2. How's the tint through the optic? Vortex said it was reduced slightly. Just curious how slight.
View Quote

Well this is my first Sparc, but from what I can see it looks great. It seems to be very clear.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:36:19 PM EDT
What display mounts are you using?

(on the wall)
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:39:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pontifex_Mortis:
What display mounts are you using?

(on the wall)
View Quote

Those are all over the place, Amazon and Ebay. I think I paid 6 bucks for two. They seem to last as long as you don't keep playing with them like I did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-4-Guitar-Wall-Hanger-Holder-Stand-Rack-Hook-Free-Mounting-Hardware-/330766098906?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4d033221da#ht_1679wt_1238
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:24:26 PM EDT
Ah.

Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:14:07 PM EDT
Very smart looking, that La-Rue mount really makes it look good!

Really like it - this is exactly the combo I am putting on my .300 BLK upper!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:29:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KiwiGunner:
Very smart looking, that La-Rue mount really makes it look good!

Really like it - this is exactly the combo I am putting on my .300 BLK upper!
View Quote

Yes, LaRue makes an excellent product. I even use their multi-tool that comes in the box. Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:10:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:19:48 PM EDT
Looks good. I've been holding out to order one myself for a 10.5" SBR build. They can be had for $200 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:44:25 AM EDT
Love the mount. Too bad it's not available in lower 1/3 height (although, that saves me about $100).
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:12:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2014 6:20:37 PM EDT by Tactical_T]
Originally Posted By KingWulfgar:
Too bad it's not available in lower 1/3 height
View Quote

I agree. I'm shocked they don't offer it in both heights, since both are so popular.
Anyway, I just ordered a Sparc 2 for $200 shipped and hope to have it in 2-3 weeks.
I would love to have an Aimpoint T1 Micro, but just cannot stomach $600 price tag for my needs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:02:41 PM EDT
I bought mine from joeboboutfitters for 200. Got it in 2 days. I love it so far. I had no plans of spending Aimpoint dollars, since I don't plan on shooting it that much. This is more than enough.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:05:48 PM EDT
I don't care what anyone says, the SPARC is the best micro RD on the market...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:29:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PD2BP253:
View Quote

I'm a big fan Vortex products but the SPARC is not better than a T1.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:36:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:45:54 PM EDT
View Quote

I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.

But seriosuly, I would agree that the Sparc 2 is probably the best micro red dot available "aside from" the Aimpoint Micro. Realistically, the Aimpoints are built to a higher spec for hard militay use in severe climate conditions. For those of us wanting a quality micro dot with practical durability and environmental specs, the Sparc is fine. Even good enough for a GoTo rifle. If I could get an Aimpoint Micro for the same price the Military does, then I would buy one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:43:10 PM EDT
I need to check these out, as I love my first gen sparc. Especially since they moved the adjustment switches from the side which was my biggest gripe with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:42:23 AM EDT
Been there, done that
There are a few things about the sparc I couldn't live with, so I sold it, and replaced it with a comp ml3.
While the sparc seems very well built, clear, and durable for the price...(I had mine for over two years, and a strikfire for over three, both with no mechanical problems at all)

My gripes are as follows: the lowest brightness setting is way to bright...if you ever look through it a night, you will see what I mean.
The batteries are not exactly what I would call common, in fact I have never seen one in any store I have been to, so you have to order them....and if you have the same issue with yours as mine you will need many batteries for all the accidental power switch engagements that occur. .
When the batteries start to get weak...my spark, at least would not turn off unless you removed the battery. I called vortex thinking the switch was damaged, they told me to change my battery, and that spacs tend to act weird when they get low on juice.

All in all, I was less impressed with the sparc, then I was the strikfire.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:58:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shootertim:
Been there, done that
There are a few things about the sparc I couldn't live with, so I sold it, and replaced it with a comp ml3.
While the sparc seems very well built, clear, and durable for the price...(I had mine for over two years, and a strikfire for over three, both with no mechanical problems at all)

My gripes are as follows: the lowest brightness setting is way to bright...if you ever look through it a night, you will see what I mean.
The batteries are not exactly what I would call common, in fact I have never seen one in any store I have been to, so you have to order them....and if you have the same issue with yours as mine you will need many batteries for all the accidental power switch engagements that occur. .
When the batteries start to get weak...my spark, at least would not turn off unless you removed the battery. I called vortex thinking the switch was damaged, they told me to change my battery, and that spacs tend to act weird when they get low on juice.

All in all, I was less impressed with the sparc, then I was the strikfire.
View Quote

The SPARC II uses a 2032 battery.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:55:00 PM EDT
Yeah.....Vortex changed to the CE2032 battery and fixed 1 or 2 of the other issues like the "turn off" problem.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2014 3:11:02 AM EDT by PredatorWhacker]

View All Quotes

Agreed. One huge difference I notice between the SPARC and my Aimpoints is when shooting with the sun in front of the SPARC the entire objective glares bright red totally obscuring my view making the optic unusable. You can't see through it. This happens with the dot turned off too. This puts the SPARC below range toy status for me. Anyone else notice this? Also agree with the comment about the lowest setting being too bright.

ETA: I have a Strikefire too and don't recall this issue with that optic. I will have to check though. I did check my Aimpoints for this problem and other than a small amount of diode reflection they do not suffer from this flaw.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:47:04 AM EDT
OP, are you currently a California resident?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:43:32 AM EDT
Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:33:18 AM EDT
The sparc is a good optic but there are better products for less money on the market now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:26:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
The sparc is a good optic but there are better products for less money on the market now.
View Quote

What would be your suggestion ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:27:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AnabolicOne:

View All Quotes

PA Micro with AD QD mount is a solid optic.

A newer optic that looks promising is the HoloSun, 50,000 hr battery life and smaller emitter.

But I have several Sparcs and PA micros, of the 2 I choose PA micro.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:30:17 AM EDT

A newer optic that looks promising is the HoloSun, 50,000 hr battery life and smaller emitter.

View All Quotes

I exchanged the Holosun for the new SparcII, I couldn't get over the red reflection. I will admit, it is very clear, way clearer than the T-25 and the PA micros.
Top Top