Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 6:26:02 PM EDT
It did not come with a manual or anything?  I put some CCI Stinger in and they would not even feed into the chamber?  Is there some polishing I should do first?  Do I need to take it apart and clean it up first?  I don't even know how to take it apart, as there was no manual and I can not find anthing on AR15.com that shows me how....I need some help here?  Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Spike's industry forum and read the tacked threads. Your CMMG bolt comes apart the same way.

Polish all of the contact surfaces with a dremel and polishing pad. I use the Fitz metal polish and make every surface where you have metal to metal contact nice and smooth.

You don't need to remove the barrel to polish the chamber. Use your regular AR15 cleaning kit (you do have one, right?). I chuck a piece of the cleaning rod into a drill with a chamber mop and polish the chamber. You want the chamber to be polished until you can drop a round into the chamber (bolt is removed) and the round will fall out when you tilt the barrel up.

Do not cut the spring on the CMMG kit. They work perfectly on the ones I have.

I have also replaced all the extractors in my Ciener and Spike's kits with the CMMG extractor. The end of the extractor is angled much better and grabs more of the rim on the .22LR rounds.

I know this sounds like a lot, but all .22LR kits require some break in period. The polishing is just getting it done much faster.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
All good info. There may be a set screw on the chamber collar, to hold it in place .Something Spike's doesn't have, doesn't need. If this is the case it will need to be loosened before the bolt will come out.

The CCI Stingers may be a little too long for the chamber on the CMMG. The cases are actually a little longer.
Get any of the Other CCI Ammo or Federal or Winchester 333's to give it a try. Don't get Remington Golden unless you
Also have a 10/22 because you'll end up using them there.

Good Luck, I don't understand CMMG leaving out instructions.????

Spec
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys!  I will try all that was said and go from there.  I don't understand why you would not put some type of manual with something like this?  Yes, I have several AR's, and I could of messed with it and figured it out, but I am working alot and would like to take the small amount of time I have to shoot.  But all will be good when I get it going....Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
There has been a thread in the CMMG forum for a while that they are going to be posting a PDF with the instructions.   Have yet to see the instructions being posted.   The trick that CMMG recommends for chamber polishing is to put a brush on the end of a cleaning rod and attach to a drill and run till the chamber is warm.  Just make sure the set screw is loose ti unassemble and when you reassemble it not to tighten the screw too much or it leaves a burr that is hard to get the bolt back off again.   I use a small piece of plastic to help pry against the collar and the front take down hole.     I have had to sand the burr down some to get it to slide off easier.   Other then that some gun scrubber or brake cleaner on the bolt and  blow out with compressed air and some lube on the rails and firing pin area and good to go. And cleaning the bbl of course.  Have put many rounds through the pipe of mine and love it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top