Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:25:09 PM EDT
I'm a mechanic for a summer and have access to all sorts of fun equipment... so grabbed this out of the car and had at it.

Turned out nice I thought. Total cost... 15$ instead of CMMG's like 80$ one. Just used a mig welder, a surface grinder, a cutting disc, then a hacksaw for the grips.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, you did a great job man!

You should mass market them for say $30... then you get double of what it costs to manufacter it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought of doing that. The problem I saw was that the dissipator isn't a "standardized" product. Barrel lengths after the FSP could differ, which would create problems.

Prolly would have to custom build each one. If theres interest, I could look into doing it for a few people.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad I rebarreled my dissy.

Very nice, you are a craftsman!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]
It Looks so , so , so  EEEEEEEVIL  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It Looks so , so , so  EEEEEEEVIL  

well ya know... I did it for the children
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow, you did a great job man!

You should mass market them for say $30... then you get double of what it costs to manufacter it!

Decided to take you up on the idea..

If anyone is interested on giving me some feedback. Heres a link.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=246431
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Of course, you'll sell many more if you include in your advertisements something like "Just found in warehouse!!" Or, "Rare! Collllectable! Only have a few left!".. Or, maybe "Latest GI issue!" The wanabees will buy it by the truckload.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top