Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 5:33:05 AM EDT
I just purcheased my first AR yesterday (she's sitting right next to her older AK brother).  The reciver is marked as CAL .223 5.56 ( I know what that is)  MOD P.C.R. 01  SER KX 8XXX.

I checked Olympics Web Site and the list the PCR 01 as being a flattop match rifle. but this has an A2 upper on it.  I'd rather have an A2 as a first AR, but what gives?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I checked Olympics Web Site and the list the PCR 01 as being a flattop match rifle. but this has an A2 upper on it.  
View Quote

If this helps;

I bought a new Oly stripped lower that has the smae markings as yours does, so I dont know why they are saying its a flat top match only rifle.

Did you buy this second hand?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It could be that they just used a PCR 01 receiver for the rifle you bought. I have bought PCR 1 and 2 stripped lowers before, so it is possible the shop you bought the rifle from just assembled the rifle in a similar manner.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I did buy it secondhand.  The gentleman who was selling it lost his job and sold it to another member of the board, who sold it to me.  I was told less than 100 rounds through it, an it looks very much that way.  Over all I'd say I got a deal on it, and I was just looking for some info, not complaining.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Also this is gonna sound like a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyways.

WTH is the proper sight picture on an AR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Proper sight picture:

Target bullseye exactly centered in the ring formed by the rear sight aperture with the bullseye sitting on top of, and centered on, the front sight post.  Focus your vision on the front site post.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is my NIB Oly purchased a few weeks ago.  It is in CAR-97/M4 A3 configuration.  

Hell, I didn't even get a Cal. marking I got MULTI.
[img]http://www.autoglassparts.com/guns/oly5.jpg[/img]

P.S.  Do you know what P.C.R. stands for??  I LMAO when I found out.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
PCR= Politically Correct Rifle
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a question about my PCR 16 at one time like yours.  It was marked Cal multi and PCR 03.  I thought I had a PCR 03 then for the price of a PCR 16.  I called Oly Arms.  The PCR 03 stands for the year it was made, such as PCR 02 is 2002, 01 2001.....

Since I have bought a PCR 05 with the same markings as my PCR 16.  I guess they keep track with the model by the serial #.  
By the way, PCR from what I gather form their web site means Polically Correct Rifle.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WTH is the proper sight picture on an AR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
View Quote

[img]http://www.alpharubicon.com/~fixer/images/sightpic.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Proper sight picture:

Target bullseye exactly centered in the ring formed by the rear sight aperture with the bullseye sitting on top of, and centered on, the front sight post.  Focus your vision on the front site post.
View Quote

sorry, but the bullseye on top of the post is for shooting at targets of known sizes at known distances... for practical/defensive use, aim for center of mass
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
You've left your AR15 alone with a Kalishnakov?

You have to separate them - they are blood enemies!

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#12]
My Klashnikov keeps my AR in check.  It's a model of reliability for the AR to maintain. (6k of ammo, 4 Fail to Feeds from a bad mag, no fail to fires)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top